Tranquil House Inn
Great 4.5/5
US$154
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
Surf Side Hotel(Nags Head)(Great Value!)
US$135
  • Beachfront
US$124
US$145
Good 3.5/5
Comfort Inn South Oceanfront(Nags Head)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$85
ComfortInn
Very Good 4/5
Colonial Inn(Nags Head)
US$100
US$90
  • Free Internet
All reviewswine and cheesesausage biscuitsno elevatorsecond floorthe outer bankswine hourwine receptionthe lost colonyb bwaterfront locationwatching boatslonger stayrooms occupiedattached restaurantnags headbagelsthe room was nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I recently stayed here over Memorial Day weekend for my friend's wedding. To be honest I was nervous about a bed and breakfast as I had never stayed in one and envisioned someone's grandma making me breakfast in the morning :) This was like staying in a charming, clean, wonderful hotel. It had all the amenities of a nice hotel chain but the charm of a small town B&B. The staff was so wonderful and welcoming and gave us advise on where to eat and visit. The rooms were clean and cozy. The location is gorgeous right next to the water. They have complimentary wine and cheese every afternoon along with cookies. Also the complimentary breakfast was a perfect way to start our day. I would definitely recommend saying here. My friends stayed at the Comfort Inn in Nags Head and Shutters in Kill Devil Hills and they both regretted not staying where we were as it was the same price and ours was MUCH nicer. I can't say enough good things about this charming place. The surrounding town is also so charming and cute with food, art galleries, boutiques, ice cream shops, etc.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

We have a room reserved for a wedding in June, and I'd just like to mention how accommodating the staff has been!! They have gone above and beyond to make sure we have a relaxing and fun weekend at the BEST place to stay in Manteo. I have heard nothing but excellent reviews of The Tranquil House Inn - and I think it will be a perfect weekend away with my husband. I have spoken with many of the employees on the phone and they are consistently polite, friendly and very helpful. I look forward to our stay!!

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Tranquil was the word of the trip thanks to this lovely inn. It's a great location in close proximity to the highlight stops along the outer banks. The adjoining restaurant is lovely and the food is very good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed at the Tranquil House Inn on Monday. Enjoyed wine and cheese Monday afternoon, a generous continental breakfast Tuesday morning, the friendly staff, the comfortable room, the great location along the Manteo waterfront convenient for walking and shopping. Next time we plan to go when the restaurant is open.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MWCB
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Some of our town residents and friends, couples, were invited to sample the Inn, come for happy cocktails, delicious dinners to savor at the 1587 Restaurant; board games and cards in the evening, and finally rest in appealing, clean rooms, some of which looked out on the sound. .
The next morning we gathering for the continental breakfast with a healthy and tasty offering including the southern favorite of sausage biscuit.
Can we do it again??!!. Its a good thing!!

Room Tip: If you want to party in the lounge, choose rooms adjoining; if not, choose outer rooms, e.g., that open onto the Sound.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple