“Good sandwiches,nice water view,fair prices”
Review of The Hungry Pelican

The Hungry Pelican
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Manteo
Price range: US$5 - US$8
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Description: An owner operated deli in historic downtown Manteo. Great deli style sandwiches on baked to order rolls. Fresh cut salads, homemade dressings, house made side dishes and soups. Ice cream and desserts available also. Eat in or takeout. Outside seating is available, pets welcome there.
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I had a Reuben & my wife had a BBQ chicken sandwich. Both with chips and I had a diet Pepsi,all for less than $20---not bad for a resort area. We both took 1/2 of our sandwich home for later. Good food and good value. Worth climbing a few steps,and walking a little way for a good deal. Will return when I'm in the area.

1  Thank kingfather

Reviewed 27 September 2013

After visiting the Aquarium, we were hungry. We chose this restaurant solely from choosing the best-sounding name off of our GPS, and we were not disappointed. It was a little difficult to find at first, but we liked it so much we made the one-hour trek from our rental house to eat their a second time that week!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I have lunch there several times a week. Best selection of breads and rolls in Manteo and sandwiches and salads are made to order and delicious. Excellent views of the Docks at the Manteo Marina and Shallowbag bay.

1  Thank Gregg S
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Loved the hawaiian ham and cheese sandwich. Nice little shop, right on the waterfront.We ate there after the dolphin watch tour we took. It's right there off the docks.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Awesome food! Everything was so fresh. My kids loved their meal AND the ice cream afterward. I had the chef salad.....wonderful. My husband had the Reuben...best he ever had. We will go back every year. The view and service were top notch too.