“best Fried Seafood any wheres!”
Review of La Cabana Restaurant - CLOSED

La Cabana Restaurant
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: New restaurant in the Outer Banks of North Carolina serving Latin Central American Mexican food and local seafood favorites. Excellent food. Locals favorite. Lunch and dinner daily. Sunday brunch. Daily specials. Family owned.
Outer Banks NC
“best Fried Seafood any wheres!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I know it sounds crazy but the crew ar La Cabanas has perfected the art of frying seafood. Want fried oysters? Go there!

Visited March 2014

Apex, North Carolina
“Outstanding Brunch”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Food was amazing. Great prices, great Belizean place on the way out of the Outer Banks in Manteo, but worth making the trip if you're at the Outer Banks for a while and don't leave that way. Service was great, but most importantly, great food at great prices. I got chicken enchiladas with refried beans and 2 eggs, my wife got a egg, potato and cheese quesadilla; we ordered extra sides of fry jack (delicious traditional Belizean bread) and plantains, the meal came with chips and salsa, and the bill, after 20% tip and tax was less than $25. I can't wait until we go back to try lunch or dinner. A must stop in the outer banks/Manteo.

Visited February 2014
Virginia
“Good food for a good price ”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 via mobile

Ate here on a Saturday and found the menu and food enjoyable. I could tell by the other customers that they were year round regulars. The food was fresh and tasted very good. Plenty of variety on the menu. The fried plantains are delicious ! Would come back again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“A Gem off the Beaten Track...”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

It can be very difficult to create excellent food in several different styles but the "La Cabana" has successfully made it happen. The wife and I finally decided to check them out based on neighbors recommendations and to see if my Texas born wife would be impressed (I'm a NC native).

We both thought the food and service were far beyond expectations and even with several excellent restaurants in town I can honestly say this is the best value in Manteo.

From the seafood Paella to the picadillo y chili de chorizo soup or even a seafood platter.... Drop on in......you will not be disappointed!

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A little gem in Manteo”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We visit the Outer Banks from Long Island at least 4 times a year. The village of Manteo on Roanoke Island is quaint, with lots of shops and some nice restaurants that are always busy in the summer. La Cabana does not have the advantage of a downtown location, but the food makes it worth a visit. We try to eat at this little place whenever we are in Manteo because the food is reliably good and the owners and wait staff are always happy to see us, even when it is near closing time. We especially love the shrimp cerviche appetizer. I had fish tacos last night, my husband had a combination fajita and our friends had a great salad with a delightful lime and cilantro dressing. The giant burrito is amazing, but you really need 3 or 4 people to share it. The portions are generous and the wine selection is good. We are never disappointed at La Cabana.

• Visited December 2013