“Fantastic Sailing Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sail the Outer Banks - Tours

Sail the Outer Banks - Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Downtown Manteo Waterfront located on Roanoke Island"Private sail cruises aboard the beautiful 41 ft Sea'scape leave from the Manteo Waterfront and tour the NC Outer Banks on the Roanoke and Albemarle Sounds. Each cruise is a special, private sail taking up to 6 guests. These sails are a wonderful way for families, friends, and couples to enjoy some time together on the water! Visit our website for rates.
Bayport, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Sailing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

Our family had a delightful sunset cruise with Captain Dan and Katherine aboard their 41 ft. sailboat in the Albemarle Sound out of Mateo, NC. Our family was able to connect with the sea and winds while we toured the sound on our 3 hour sunset cruise. We were encouraged to try our hand at the helm, with Captain Dan expertly guiding us in coming about. Katherine filled us in on the local history and pointed out the beautiful vistas and birdlife we passed by. We highly recommend this experience.

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wonderful Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I wanted to surprise my husband with a private sunset sail for our 41st Anniversary and from the first contact with Katherine, I knew it was going to be perfect. Katherine and Dan are great hosts. The Sea'scape is a beautiful boat and Katherine and Dan made us feel like we were old friends from the moment we climbed aboard. Dan even let us take the wheel. We saw dolphins and nesting osprey and beautiful view of the Sound. It was a perfect evening and Katherine and Dan made our anniversary very special. We would highly recommend this cruise.

Paramus, New Jersey
“Smooth Sailing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I came to the Outer Banks for the first time, and looked for something different for boating, aside from jet skiing or charter boats. I found, Sail the Outer Banks, and from the moment I stepped aboard and met the charming couple that takes you sailing, I could not have been more pleased. They were more than accommodating to our party of 6. This was a surprise trip for my boyfriend's 28th birthday, and it truly became a special day. From letting us sail, stopping and allowing us to take a dip in the sound, and answering any and all questions we may have, I strongly recommend this tour. Katherine and Dan were excellent hosts and the boat is beautiful. Whether you have a party of younger adults, such as mine, or a family with children, you will enjoy an excellent outing with great company and an extremely reasonable price.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“PERFECT!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

My husband died in 2012, and I was looking for a way to honor him that he would have liked when scattering his ashes on what would have been our 30th anniversary. I had tried contactiing fishing charter boats, but they didn't even bother respond to my emails when I told them what I wanted. Katherine responded right away, and she and Dan were absolutely wonderful. As you can guess, this was a trip I was dreading in some respects, but Dan and Katherine not only put me at ease, they turned it into a truly enjoyable experience, even though she told me they had never had a charter for something like this before. They gave my friend and I a history of the boat, how they met thanks to the offer of a chicken casserole, and pointed out some of the sights along the sound such as the Lost Colony. About an hour into our 3 hour sunset cruise, we started the cd of my husband's favorite bands which was played at his visitation (Frank Zappa, Rush, Pink Floyd, and the song from his own band which featured a drum solo by my husband). As I started scattering my husband's ashes, I realized what time it was - 30 years earlier, our wedding ceremony had just started. Without asking, Katherine brought a basin of gardenias for us to toss into the water. After scattering the ashes, I stood on the deck until we entered the marine about 45 minutes later and realized why my husband enjoyed the water and boats the way he did - there's a magic you feel on the deck to which nothing can compare. As we docked at the marina, the song featuring my husband's drum solo started again, and I knew Bob had been with me the entire time.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank curyniak
Mars, Pennsylvania, United States
34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We went on this adventure with our family which includes 3 children. Dan and Katherine were great with the kids and let each of them at the helm. We didn't have the best weather, but me made the best of our "cruise". We were able to see dolphins and Captain Dan went out of his way to make sure we saw them as much as possible, circling around them for almost 20 minutes. We aren't sailors, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I think this was a 5 star experience. I'd definitely recommend Sail the Outer Banks! Top notch!

Visited June 2013