“Dan and Katherine are the BEST!”

Sail the Outer Banks - Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Downtown Manteo Waterfront located on Roanoke Island"Private sail cruises aboard the beautiful 41 ft Sea'scape leave from the Manteo Waterfront and tour the NC Outer Banks on the Roanoke and Albemarle Sounds. Each cruise is a special, private sail taking up to 6 guests. These sails are a wonderful way for families, friends, and couples to enjoy some time together on the water! Visit our website for rates.
Elgin, Illinois, United States
“Dan and Katherine are the BEST!”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I contacted Dan and Katherine to charter their boat with plans on proposing to my girlfriend. Katherine responded right away, communicated with me often when I had concerns about the weather, and made it a perfect trip when I finally popped the question. She brought us drinks and snacks while we sat on the bow, and we even go to steer the boat! Both Dan and Katherine were very friendly and gave us a history of the surrounding waters and answered all of the quesitons we threw at them. Thanks for a very memorable experience.

Bayport, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic Sailing Experience”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Our family had a delightful sunset cruise with Captain Dan and Katherine aboard their 41 ft. sailboat in the Albemarle Sound out of Mateo, NC. Our family was able to connect with the sea and winds while we toured the sound on our 3 hour sunset cruise. We were encouraged to try our hand at the helm, with Captain Dan expertly guiding us in coming about. Katherine filled us in on the local history and pointed out the beautiful vistas and birdlife we passed by. We highly recommend this experience.

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Wonderful Surprise”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

I wanted to surprise my husband with a private sunset sail for our 41st Anniversary and from the first contact with Katherine, I knew it was going to be perfect. Katherine and Dan are great hosts. The Sea'scape is a beautiful boat and Katherine and Dan made us feel like we were old friends from the moment we climbed aboard. Dan even let us take the wheel. We saw dolphins and nesting osprey and beautiful view of the Sound. It was a perfect evening and Katherine and Dan made our anniversary very special. We would highly recommend this cruise.

Paramus, New Jersey
“Smooth Sailing”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I came to the Outer Banks for the first time, and looked for something different for boating, aside from jet skiing or charter boats. I found, Sail the Outer Banks, and from the moment I stepped aboard and met the charming couple that takes you sailing, I could not have been more pleased. They were more than accommodating to our party of 6. This was a surprise trip for my boyfriend's 28th birthday, and it truly became a special day. From letting us sail, stopping and allowing us to take a dip in the sound, and answering any and all questions we may have, I strongly recommend this tour. Katherine and Dan were excellent hosts and the boat is beautiful. Whether you have a party of younger adults, such as mine, or a family with children, you will enjoy an excellent outing with great company and an extremely reasonable price.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“PERFECT!!!!”
Reviewed 30 June 2013 via mobile

My husband died in 2012, and I was looking for a way to honor him that he would have liked when scattering his ashes on what would have been our 30th anniversary. I had tried contactiing fishing charter boats, but they didn't even bother respond to my emails when I told them what I wanted. Katherine responded right away, and she and Dan were absolutely wonderful. As you can guess, this was a trip I was dreading in some respects, but Dan and Katherine not only put me at ease, they turned it into a truly enjoyable experience, even though she told me they had never had a charter for something like this before. They gave my friend and I a history of the boat, how they met thanks to the offer of a chicken casserole, and pointed out some of the sights along the sound such as the Lost Colony. About an hour into our 3 hour sunset cruise, we started the cd of my husband's favorite bands which was played at his visitation (Frank Zappa, Rush, Pink Floyd, and the song from his own band which featured a drum solo by my husband). As I started scattering my husband's ashes, I realized what time it was - 30 years earlier, our wedding ceremony had just started. Without asking, Katherine brought a basin of gardenias for us to toss into the water. After scattering the ashes, I stood on the deck until we entered the marine about 45 minutes later and realized why my husband enjoyed the water and boats the way he did - there's a magic you feel on the deck to which nothing can compare. As we docked at the marina, the song featuring my husband's drum solo started again, and I knew Bob had been with me the entire time.

Visited June 2013