“Shrimp and grits extraordinaire!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Stripers Bar and Grille
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Manteo
Price range: US$5 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Is a premier service orientated restaurant welcoming all guests to a casual fun filled dining experience. Our Outer Banks cuisine will always be offered to our customers for lunch, dinner, brunch and in house catering, with a capacity to serve up to 160 people. It is our intention to treat everyone like a VIP. Finally, we are here to serve the customer . Hospitality and our employees is our greatest asset.Our mission, at Stripers Bar & Grille is to achieve 100% customer satisfaction by providing quality products and service in a clean, fun, organized, friendly and unique environment. As a hospitality service organization, we will always strive to go the "extra distance" to please each and every guest. We invite you to come taste the fun and good times at Stripers.Give the gift of great food, good times and waterfront atmosphere. You can purchase Stripers Bar and Grille gift certificate cards in any amount you wish.
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Shrimp and grits extraordinaire!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

Well this is an unexpected pleasure! Table of three, each with a meal of pleasure and satisfaction! Started with the crab soup. Incredible! But, the shrimp and grits is a stunning dish. Waitress/server was delightful and enthusiastic. The view looking toward Manteo is beautiful. The music tasteful. Well worth looking for! Second year in business, keep it up and they're in for many more years! Kudos!

Annandale, Virginia
“Not a tourist trap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

The staff know their menu and the portion sizes represent great value for the money. Add beautiful waterfront views and this place gets my vote for best on the beach.

Visited March 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“This is a consistantly good seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

Went to Stripers for about the 8th time since I found them about 3 years ago. The seafood is consistently good. This last time I had some of the most sweet scallops I have almost every had. I have been to places like Chile where the seafood is incredible and this was about as good as that. The 'small' seafood platter for lunch was amazingly big for the price. The 'large' one was probably huge ! It had fish, shrimp, very good oysters and scallops. Excellent value. The crab soup was good but a little pricey for the cup. (I kind of irritated me when my waitress took my last cup when there was still a couple of bites left. I didn't make a scene but it was good enough to worry about those few last spoonfuls). A few small items like didn't get our bill straight and there was only 2 meals ordered and they charged us for additional crackers for the soup-Really? But, I always get consistant food. The best deals are during lunch where you get good food. Also, the view is great. It is on the second floor on a point overlooking the sound from Manteo over to Nages head so it is great to site there and see the water. The name has changed where is used to be Stripers before, was changed to another name (which I also did a review on the same restaurant but under a different name) and then changed their name back to Stripers. It has never been busy, even during dinner. I think because it is kind of hidden in the back of a marina and group of condos. I highly suggest this one. It's food is a lot better than what you will find over in Nags Head or further north and a better value.

• Visited February 2013
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“This Place should not be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

If you take the time to find Stripers (The entrance is between Darrel's and McDonalds). You will love the food and the view. I have wined and dined there many times over the past few months. The chef,Jamie has nor disappointed me yet. whether it be the Seared Scallops to the Pasta carbonara with bacon and grilled chicken.Every meal I have had there has been prepared well and taste's as good as it looks.The women behind the bar (Joanne,Amber and Shiela) are always friendly and quick with a smile. The managers(Bobby is always there) are on hand to ensure a smooth operation. All of the staff work hard to make the wining and dining experience a pleasant experience. Boaters are always welcome! Thats good because I am one.

• Visited February 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2013 via mobile

We always go to Stripers with our family every time we go to Manteo. We enjoy the friendly staff, atmosphere and wonderful food...plus the beautiful view of the sound. I would highly recommend Stripers. I tell all of my friends from NJ to stop at Stripers for a great time.

1 Thank Pamela T