“Just what we were looking for”

TL's Family restaurant
Ranked #12 of 37 Restaurants in Manteo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 January 2013

You always hate to leave the beach, especially when the weather is perfect, but the trip had come to an end and we were on the road heading home when we realized we were hungry.

We got in the right turn lane and headed into Manteo, NC to find something to eat. TL's Family Restaurant was on the left hand side and it looked perfect. I got a chicken sandwich with cole slaw and he got a BTL with fries.

The food was very good, fast enough, and less than $10 later we were back on the road heading home.

Yes, I will stop again.

1  Thank 123happycamper

Reviewed 11 January 2013

We went to the island to visit a couple of tourist sites. It was around 2:00 pm and we were both pretty hungry. On the way to one of our destinations we drove past this place and, even at that time, noticed how many cars were in the parking lot (also, this was in January so the island was pretty much void of tourists) and decided we'd try it on the way back. First off we were greeted with warm hello's from the staff, sat down and before we could even scooch our chairs in or waitress offered us some warm hushpuppies. We then ordered our food, again with the help of our waitress (cheeseburgers, each). The hushpuppies came first and they were amazing followed by our cheeseburgers which equaled my sentiments about the hushpuppies.

I felt so comfortable and so at home with the atmosphere and personalities of the staff, I really felt like I was sitting amongst friends in my home.

I had the coconut pie and my friend had the chocolate pie for dessert.

It was truly a perfect experience and I would recommend this place to anyone who live or visits on the island.

Reviewed 7 January 2013

My brother and I stumbled onto this place inDecember. Great and filling breakfasts. Excellent grits and the sausage gravy and biscuits are the best. We also went back for dinner. Fried oysters from the Oregon inlet. Yum! And the shrimp and grits are to die for. Serves the locals, watermen and game wardens. And the servers were all friendly. It will be one of my regular places to eat and bring guests.

1  Thank Randy J
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Food was delicious - we all had the hamburger steak special. Our waitress went out of her way to make us feel welcome and provide service.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

Food was delicious home cooked style, atmosphere was a cute diner, and the service was great. We wanted breakfast food for dinner and they had it! We had an omlete, french toast, grits, and a breakfast bowl. All the food was deleicious.

2  Thank vacasluth