“Wish I could take it home to Pa !!!”

TL's Family restaurant
Ranked #12 of 33 Restaurants in Manteo
Cuisines: American
“Wish I could take it home to Pa !!!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Best food and great service !!! I eat every meal there when I'm at the beach !!! I wish I had a TL buger right now !!!

• Visited May 2013

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Great food simple and tasty”
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

When your on vacation and the restaurant parking lot is filled woth local licence plates it is always a good sign. We had breakfast and we enjoyed all our meals.

• Visited August 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Plain decor, plain food”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Our group of 5 stopped in for breakfast on a weekday morning. The restaurant looks as if it has not been updated in many years...tables, chairs, décor are just tired. Breakfast was fine---within our group were omelets, pancakes, scrambled eggs, and sausage biscuits---and everyone was pleased. Actually, the biscuits were large and fluffy and particularly delicious. Our waitress was efficient but seemed to be going through the motions after many years of work. We never felt any warmth or welcome but we had no specific complaints. Prices are certainly very reasonable, and I suspect this is a popular place for locals.

• Visited July 2013
Boone, North Carolina
“Home cooking just right”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Being close to Manteo, we stopped in for lunch, our second time visiting here. The atmosphere was very casual and there were locals eating the fare. I got two large pieces of fresh trout, real mashed potatoes with brown gravy and fried okra (overcooked). My boyfriend got pork chops and slaw with the okra served with hush puppies. The pork chops were lightly breaded and outstanding in taste. Each was moist and mouth watering. We ordered homemade pie: chocolate meringue and pecan pie. Both of us loved the desserts. In fact I wished I had bought a whole pie. Southern hospitality was definitely a plus. We highly recommend this eatery for the value, quality of the food and friendliness.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank vsd4me
Newport News, Virginia
“Get your greasy, bland food here!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The food was below average. I ordered coffee, grits, eggs, bacon and biscuits. The coffee was weak, eggs bland and tasteless, grits mediocre (I've been eating grits since I've been able to chew), bacon was okay, biscuits were buried under the grits, so, soggy. Just a typical greasy diner type atmosphere. Very laid back country feeling. Deer heads and swordfish mounted on the wall, I enjoyed that part, it fit in with the island/country feel. Typical southern "waffle house" environment, if that makes sense to anyone.

• Visited July 2013