“Great food without the $$$ beach prices!”

TL's Family restaurant
Ranked #12 of 38 Restaurants in Manteo
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Our annual vacay to OBX wouldn't be complete without stopping by TL's for some good eats. If you are looking for a posh, uppity place- this ain't it.This is where the locals go and who knows best? If you are looking for some great food with family friendly prices, then you have hit the mother load! The staff is extremely accommodating to families. I have a disabled child who babbles on constantly about Kenny Chesney and they were nothing but kind to her. Great waitresses. We eat many times here during our stay-we are as local as visitors can be. Have not been disappointed by anything on the menu. Try the Corn Nuggets- you won't be able to stop eating them. Patty melt is yummy. Sandcritter is yummy. The French Dip is AWESOME!!!!! Huge burgers. Great seafood for the price. My son wanted a crab cake sandwich which wasn't on the menu and they fixed him one anyway for a mere $8.95. Try to get one on the beach for that price. My family LOVES TL's and we will be back!!! Thanks for the great meals y'all!!

2  Thank ellen p

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Much on menu ala carte. Not as good a deal as other places that have combo deals. But works for others. Great pancakes. My wife liked her omelette. Good service. It always feels good to go to a small business as opposed to a chain. It would help to have a website that gives a landmark so we could find the restaurant easier(ie across from Dunkin' Donuts)

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by a local fisherman who took us on a morning charter. 6 of us went and all were very happy with our breakfasts. Pancakes were great and there biscuits are mouth watering. Definitely a local place, but tourists are welcome.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

I read all the reviews about this place prior to our vacation to the Outer Banks and I wanted to stop here. So we did for lunch, and I almost walked out in the first 3 minutes, our waitress was rude, and acted like I was supposed to know where the high chairs were for my daughter. We stayed, the meal was ok, but that's all I can say. The attitude outweighed the food by a bunch. I won't go back if in the area again.

2  Thank Joe P
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My family has been eating at TL's for years and I finally had the pleasure. It was not as rough as I had expected, but they do have an eclectic sense of style with a marlin and deer head on the same wall. Food was good and the staff was very friendly. I had the popcorn shrimp, fried okra and pickled beets. I was with a group of 9 and everyone was happy with their meal.