“Booked this for My family.”
Review of OBX Airplanes

OBX Airplanes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come see the Outer Banks from the sky on one of our scenic tours, let us take you on an AEROBATIC RIDE (so you can check it off your bucket list!) or actually LEARN TO FLY! **AERIAL TOURS START AT JUST $15/PER PERSON!! We offer tours of the historic Wright Brothers memorial, Bodie Island, Hatteras or Currituck lighthouses, and of course the scenic beaches which the Outer Banks is famous for. Have you ever dreamed of becoming a pilot?? We also offer extensive pilot training for all levels. You fly the airplane and start making your dream of becoming a pilot a reality. What better place to fly than where it all began?! Life is too short not to follow your heart- and as Amelia Earhart said: "Adventure is worthwhile in and of itself." Call OBX AIRPLANES today!
Reviewed 25 June 2018

Booked this for my father and brother when they visited this June. They absolutely loved it. The pilot was very informative, the views above Oregon Inlet are amazing. I did this myself last year as well. An amazing way to see the OBX.

All reviews
"lifetime memory"
"discovery tour"
"air tour"
in 3 reviews
"the wright brothers monument"
"kitty hawk"
"excellent tour"
"explained everything"
"smooth ride"

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Was on a Summer 2018 beach house vacation with another family in Nags Head, NC and I discovered most of the people had not flowing in small aircraft (Cessna 172/177s). So I booked 2 airplanes for 2 adults and 4 young children and they were all very excited to have experienced this. Pilots were friendly and professional and ground staff was very accommodating. Value was outstanding. Only complaint is the GPS friendly directions in the e-mail confirmation took us to the wrong side of the airport. Just go to the Aquarium and the airport is at the end of the street.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Yes. It was that good. My wife and I did the discovery flight. Awesome experience. Our pilot was a young local guy. He was extremely professional and very laidback. We used headsets to talk to each other. He would show us the sights and explain a little history about each one.

Will recommend this tour to anyone. It’s great to see the OBX from the air.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Luke took me flying around OBX and described much of the history of the area. Unbelievable experience - I recommend it to anyone with a love of geography. Thanks Luke and Jenny! I hope to fly with you the next time we visit.