“Really Enjoyed This Place”
Review of Full Moon Cafe

Full Moon Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Full Moon Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 35 Restaurants in Manteo
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
PA
“Really Enjoyed This Place”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Found this by accident while on vacation in Nags Head, we are always looking to sample local brews (our main reason for coming to the Full Moon) so the food was a plus here. Beer was great, took a growler home! We enjoyed the food, however the Cajun chicken is not very Cajun, it had good taste but had no heat, hubby got the burger which he said was great. It was too windy to eat outside in the courtyard, but eating inside the historical building was fine with me. Staff was friendly, food came out a little slow for a Thursday evening off season, however we were in no hurry. Nice location in the middle of the village, was able to people watch from a window table, will definitely be coming back to eat here again!

Seymour, Tennessee
“A must stop on the way to the beach each year”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We discovered this lovely spot 4 years ago when we first started an annual trip in May to the outer banks. We love the crab bisque and highly recommend the local brew selections. Service is always good. Salads are fresh and and tasty. Nice spot in the middle of the village area with indoor and outdoor seating. Try a flight of their local brews as it's hard to pick from if you are a micro brew hound.

High Point, NC
“A Manteo Favorite”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This was our fourth visit in as many years and I swear the food keeps getting better. Part of this may be due to the staff which remains consistent and extremely professional and personable. This is a brew pub, but the dining selections are decidedly not pub grub. A shrimp and crab enchilada, a black bean quesadilla, a lovely crab cake and yummy light pasta dish were all complemented by well chosen crisp Sauvignon Blanc and red ale. The desserts are downright dangerous. Save room!

Bowie, Maryland
“Friendly place, but we were disappointed”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I'd read a lot of reviews about Full Moon Cafe, and we decided to give it a try for lunch earlier this month. It was a bit cool for eating outside (which is part of the charm of the place -- they have a lovely little patio with cute tables where you can people-watch), so we opted for a table inside. They have a small menu, plus a number of blackboard specials (without prices listed, unfortunately).

My husband and I both ordered cups of their cream of crab soup for starters -- it was good, but not very hot and not very much actual crab. Then I ordered one of their blackboard specials -- a kale salad topped with grilled tuna. The salad was supposed to be dressed with a lemon vinaigrette, but I couldn't find a trace of dressing on the salad. The tuna was slathered in some sort of teriyaki sauce and topped with a slice of grilled pineapple -- neither was mentioned in the description of the dish. I did end up requesting some dressing on the side, which saved the salad, but the tuna wasn't particularly good -- a bit tough, which is a sin down here where tuna is fresh-caught daily.

My husband got their wrap special, which was southwest chicken, served with onion rings. I have to admit that the onion rings were really good, but the wrap was nothing special.

And then we found out how much this food we ate would cost us -- over $50 with tax and tip for a fairly light lunch. Had it been less expensive, I would have liked it a bit more. But $50 is way too much for a simple lunch, especially one that included no alcohol or dessert.

I know this place is known for their locally made beer, and we didn't try any of that. So if that's your thing then my review probably won't deter you. And we might give them another chance. But they really do need to list prices on their bulletin board, especially if they're going to charge as much as they did.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank cunning12
Paul C, Owner at Full Moon Cafe, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
I am sorry you feel we are expensive. Our prices are listed outside our door on the menu boards.
You can also find them on our menus while you are seated. My wait staff is knowledgeable about our prices and would love to answer any inquiry. Our fresh crab soup is $6 a cup. Our wrap is $9.
The Kale Salad with tuna is $12.99. A side of hand made onion rings is $3 . Your total would be $37 dollars not $50. A quick google search shows my prices to be SLIGHTLY less then average.
Rolling Prairie, Indiana
“Best burger in a long time!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch after our trip to the Bodey lighthouse. The Full Moon Cafe and brewery are located in Mantaeo (the t is silent). We stopped primarily for the brewery and were pleasantly surprised. This little nano brewery cranks out some delicious beers. They had eight on tap from an ESB to a porter, a blonde ale or a 10.0 Russian Imperial Stout. They also cranked out a seriously delicious burger cooked to order. A beer and a burger sounds simple but many don't get it right. Full Moon had it right. Inside and outside seating, brewery/bar seating and they offer plenty of other options than just burgers. If the other food compares your in for a treat.

Visited May 2014