“A special evening on vacation”
Review of 1587 Restaurant

1587 Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 38 Restaurants in Manteo
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR THE SEASON BUT WILL RE-OPEN FEBRUARY 28TH - NOVEMBER 11TH, 2018. Seasonal Hours: Open Wed - Sun, 5:00 - 9:00 pm Closed Mon & Tue nights Welcome to 1587 Restaurant! Here you will find World-Class chefs who blend the freshest of ingredients including herbs grown from the Inn's own gardens, today's Atlantic seafood, meats & fowl, and vegetables from the Outer Banks' finest growers. You'll dine in an atmosphere that is elegant but relaxed as you gaze through the large windows that frame a view of quaint Shallowbag Bay and a moonrise that is truly spectacular!
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Based on writer's recommendations, we made a reservation here for a special night out and weren't disappointed. The food was very well prepared and presented. They have a nice wine list with many reasonably priced choices. My companion had a salad and the scallop appetizer and enjoyed both. I had a small Caesar salad. My only complaint was that the Romaine was chopped - not the proper way to prepare a Caesar. The soft shell crab entrée was well prepared and the chef very kindly made a substitution for the vegetable. The view is very nice. The restaurant is a little hard to find until you figure out that it is in a hotel. There is very poor signage.

1  Thank Carol D

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have been enjoying this restaurant for 16 years now and we are never disappointed. The food is amazing and the atmosphere is so relaxing. If you come to Outer Banks this is a great restaurant for date night. One that should not be missed! Please make sure to order the seared scallop appetizer. It is to die for! If they ever take it off the menu, the customers would be so disappointed. All of the food is so fresh. You can't go wrong with any of their dishes. Pay special attention to the fresh fish options. So delicious!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

From the minute you walk in the front door, you will be treated like family. Not only is this restaurant quaint, romantic, but beautiful with a waterfront view. This reataurant has many crowning jewels. First, the food. It is my favorite restaurant in all my places of travel. I eat out often and find my way back there consistently. I love the innovative menu. If you are looking for fried seafood and meatloaf, skip it. If you have a pallatte for a meal to tickle your taste buds, c'mon, the front door is open and Theresa or Jackie will be glad to show you to your table. Perhaps a drink at the copper top bar before dinner? Matt, Brian, or Billy will be glad to serve you a killer martini or a craft beer of your choice. They do have Bud for those pallettes also! The servers, all of them, want you to have a dinng experience not just come for dinner. I feel like part of the family whenever I go there. As if that isn't enough, Donnie Just, proprietor extraordinaire, offer his local customers three different discounts a year that NO one in the restaurant business does for their customers. I love 1587, the Tranqul House Inn, which is beautful, and would certainly, without reservations, recommend this restaurant and Inn to all who travel here. Bon Appetit!

1  Thank Patty27954
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We had early reservations for our Valentine/ anniversary dinner and the food and staff were great. However, we heard others with late reservations experienced some menu choice shortages and did not have the same experience we had. So if you go here, be prepared for a great meal and a romantic atmosphere - but get in early.

1  Thank Steve G
Reviewed 15 February 2014

After all the great reviews of this place we had high expectations. We ate here on Valentine's Day so the menu was limited (they did not tell me this when I called to make reservations). We were limited to one steak dish, one chicken dish, and one lobster dish. I'm very picky about my steak and therefore rarely order steak in restaurants. I decided to take the plunge. My steak had a lot of grissle and was slightly overcooked. I should have sent it back and would have, had I known the price (which was not on the menu !).
The only good thing about this place is the ambience. We had a nice table overlooking the water.
Overall, for the prices, I expect more.

2  Thank Daphne S