“just what we had in mind...”

Darrell's Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 33 Restaurants in Manteo
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Darrell’s is a family-style seafood restaurant that’s been a favorite on Roanoke Island since 1960. Seafood is the definite specialty; the fried oysters are widely touted as the best anywhere, served with the traditional fixings of cole slaw, french fries and hush puppies. Locals know that Darrell’s does seafood right. Land food, children’s fare and light eaters’ dishes are also available. Darrell’s is now serving the best BBQ and BBQ Ribs fresh off an all narural wood fired smoker. Helpings are heaping and desserts are delicious, if you have room. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served Monday-Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday’s.
Nashville, Tennessee
“just what we had in mind...”
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The service was great and this place has a nice down-home warmth to it which we found very inviting. If you're looking for some awesome fried clams, look no further. A real find for seafood at a pretty good deal...We'll stop back by before we leave this island!

• Visited October 2013

Chesapeake, Virginia
“A Gem”
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

In and area of high priced restaurants, Darrell's was a pleasant surprise. Good home-cooked foods at very reasonable prices. Nice decor and friendly staff.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank tatteredhokie
glenburnie
“It was... Meh...”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

And I hate that word as an adjective but I can't think of one better. My parents and I went, the got the crab stuffed shrimp and I got a steak (allergic to shellfish and don't care for fish). Both dishes were served on the same "sizziling" plates that fajitas come on so the food kept cooking. My steak, that tasted like a mass produced-food services steak, started out medium but was well done by the time I was a few bites in. Parents said shrimp got overdone too. Servers were nice and attentive. Dessert was good.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank sarsar77
Williamston, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Impressed at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

The food wasn't as good as I hoped it to be,we got caught in a rain storm and didn't get to look for a restaurant we had heard of .The price was too high for the quality of food. The oysters were fried too hard and the fish didn't have a good taste too it.We ate seafood in Winterville , the Dixie Queen, which has much better food.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank jsm1881
Lara, Australia
“Very Good Oysters!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My wife and I met two friends there for dinner. One was a local who said that it was usually very good and it was. My wife and I each had the fried oyster dinner and we were very pleased. They were excellent and numerous, possibly more than I needed but NOT more than I could eat. An extra large portion of fried oysters wins me over every time. They were not over cooked, or over breaded. The coleslaw was also very good (one never knows with coleslaw).
Our server was fast, friendly and informed regarding the food. Our experience there was very good indeed.

• Visited August 2013