“Great breakfast”

Price range: US$5 - US$21
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Darrell’s is a family-style seafood restaurant that’s been a favorite on Roanoke Island since 1960. Seafood is the definite specialty; the fried oysters are widely touted as the best anywhere, served with the traditional fixings of cole slaw, french fries and hush puppies. Locals know that Darrell’s does seafood right. Land food, children’s fare and light eaters’ dishes are also available. Darrell’s is now serving the best BBQ and BBQ Ribs fresh off an all narural wood fired smoker. Helpings are heaping and desserts are delicious, if you have room. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served Monday-Saturday and breakfast and lunch on Sunday’s.
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We enjoyed Darrell's for breakfast twice on our trip to Manteo in July 2014. The breakfast menu had a good selection and the prices were very reasonable. We had the same server both mornings and she recognized us on our second visit. I can see that this is a true locals place.
Next time we visit, we will try it for lunch or dinner. I was very satisfied with my breakfast both times.

1  Thank Alexinstuart

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Clam chowder was good, but it wasn't the creamy new england style - it was more like clam soup. It was very good. The broiled seafood platter was good.

1  Thank Tamara L
Reviewed 30 July 2014

After a day trip to the Manteo waterfront area, we asked a local shop owner where she would suggest we eat. without hesitation, she said Darrell's which was quickly seconded by another local in her shop. Now we know why they suggested. My wife had an excellent shrimp meal and I had some of the best and largest oysters I have eaten.

Staff was very attentive and friendly and the whole experience will certainly have us returning on future visits to the area.

1  Thank charleygop
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This had a vibe similar to our small town seafood place. Lots of fried goodness. There was some history on the walls that interested us. And we were served promptly which is always nice. Enjoyed it.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I was out visiting the folks on the outer banks and so when dinner time hit, we asked a local where they would go for fresh local seafood. The title was their recommendation for Darrell's and they were spot on. My dad had the fried whole flounder and mom and I had the fish of the day. Both offerings were well prepared and served by an attentive wait staff. Definitely well worth the short drive to Manteo for both quality and price. Highly recommend Darrell's for good seafood at a good price with the local flair of OBX

1  Thank BrentAndCindyC