Cameron House Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
View Hotel
Surf Side Hotel(Nags Head)
View Hotel
Blue Heron Motel(Nags Head)
View Hotel
Tar Heel Motel(Nags Head)
Islander Motel(Nags Head)
Owens' Motel(Nags Head)
  • Beachfront
Sea Foam Motel(Nags Head)
  • Pool
All reviewsback porchoutdoor fireplacecakecookiesfront porchkingfisher roomb bthe outer banksmy husband and iboth morningsgreat cookarts craftsenjoyable staystocked mini fridgestayed one nightbreakfasts were excellentfresh fruit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We decided to take a little trip for our anniversary and were looking at all sorts of places to stay in the Outer Banks area. We came across The Cameron House Inn during our search and the pictures looked very nice so we decided to book it for one night. It was quiet, relaxing, and comfortable. We felt at home. We wished we could have stayed longer and we will definitely be coming back again, maybe when the weather is cooler. The house is beautiful and our room (Creef) was great. We were very pleased with everything. This is definitely a place to relax.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2012

My fiance and I just got back from a mini summer vacation in the Outer Banks. Knowing the coast would be busy around July 4th, we decided to stay away from the crowds and chose the Cameron House Inn in Manteo on Roanoke Island. The Inn was welcoming, beautiful, and very relaxing. We loved waking up to the smell of fresh cooked breakfast, which included sausage, bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy, hash brown, and lots of fresh fruit. There was always bottled water, sodas, coffee, and tea available, as well as random sweets like cookies and cake, appearing throughout the day in either the kitchen or large living room. The comfortable bed and spacious Mirabella Room was the perfect place to return to each evening after a day of sightseeing and enjoying the beaches. The staff was friendly, welcoming, and gave great suggestions for places to eat and which beaches to visit. We will definitely be returning to the Outer Banks and the Cameron House Inn.

Room Tip: The Mirabella has a romantic curtained canopy bed and an extra TV room with 2 sofas.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Cameron House Inn, the owner, Beth was warm and welcoming and I enjoyed the atmosphere. The rooms are large and comfortable. There is a large back porch with seating for 8-10 with large fans and a fireplace, a perfect place to sit, enjoy the breeze and talk with my friends. The breakfasts were delicious and the fresh fruit was excellent. I loved the chocolate chip cookies for mid afternoon snack. The location was excellent, in very close proximity to a biking path which runs the length of the island, I had some great runs there. I also loved the large swing on the front porch. The staff directed us to the local farmer's market on Saturday morning where we all bought crafty items. I would return here again for a relaxing and fun filled time.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Loye M
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed st The Cameron House Inn with my book club(eight ladies).We had an absolutely wonderful time. The inn is very clean with big rooms and not overly decorated as some B and Bs can be. The breakfast was delicious and included an egg dish, wonderful fresh fruits, coffee, tea, juice, bagels, and sweet rolls. One morning we even had home made biscuits and gravy. Homemade cake and cookies were available throughout the day along with beverages. The front porch with a huge swing and the back porch with fireplace lent themselves to many talks,laughter, and relaxation. Beth and both the ladies who work there were incredibly nice and felt like friends the moment you introduced yourself. Several of our memebrs rode the bikes and explored Manteo. At the suggestion of our host, we visited the nearby farmers market and really enjoyed the crafts and goodies. The stay was perfect and we will definitely come again.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Mirabella and it was beautiful with a canopy bed and sleeping alcove with fold out sofas.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Our first trip to OBX, and our first stay in a B&B-- and the Cameron Inn was a great choice! The house itself is beautiful, the front porch just begs you to wile away the afternoon on the wide porch swing. The decor is soft, warm colors and everything is so cozy! We had lovely breakfasts, and the best cookies and other treats available all the time (such a nice surprise to walk in after a day of sight seeing and find a new sweet treat awaiting us!). Exploring the town of Manteo is like stepping back into a simpler time...and the old-fashioned red bicycles provided by the inn are a great way to see the town. And the cats! Beautiful cats, always willing to climb up on your lap outside and cuddle! We were looking for a relaxing winter getaway, and we could not have chosen a better place! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Each room has something special about it...we chose the Featherstone because of the in-room fireplace. I don't think I'd have liked one of the downstairs rooms as well--especially if there were a lot of guests there. But all the rooms were clean, and inviting.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple