“Will not stay here again” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dare Haven Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manteo
Dare Haven Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Manteo
Columbia, South Carolina
“Will not stay here again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

My husband and I stayed here thinking we got a good deal after staying in a wonderful bungalow at Ocracoke for the same price-WRONG! The first clue should have been the smell of urine and dirty animals in the small office/lobby. The rooms looked fairly clean I admit, but I couldn't get past the torn comforter and the mildew (I guess) stains on a pillow case as well as the icky feel of walking barefoot on the carpet. But, the outside was nice and the location was pretty good .

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank daijasmom

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2011

It is old and worn, but so is the town. We had a great trip to the Outer Banks and stayed at a number of different places. This place is old and very basic.

Something odd... They had an area for their dogs to run around behind the hotel... like right behind our windows. Also, the dogs were in the lobby / room where you check in. Cleanliness issues? Perhaps.

The rooms, however, were very clean. If you need a cheap place to stay that is clean, this place is decent.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mlenio11

Travellers are raving about these Manteo hotels

Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2010

The first impression when we got there was not too good. The lady behind the counter was somewhat rude, but later that day after the shift change, the new front desk clerk was much, much nicer.

We stayed in their "honeymoon suite" which was somewhat nice, but nothing special. The walls were tissue paper thin. We could hear everything being said by a group of people outside of our door. The beds were comfortable though, but the rest of the furniture was very old and worn. The rooms were also incredibly small.

The location was wonderful just miles from shopping and the beach at Nags Head. The "Lost Colony" attraction was right down the street as well.

Im not going to say that this is a bad motel, because it certainly is not. My wife and I would return if we needed a weekend get-a-way and didn't have a lot of money to spend. However, if you can afford 30-40 dollars more, I would recommend finding a good deal on the internet and invest in a nicer hotel. All-in-all we were satisfied because for 90 dollars a night, one couldn't expect too much.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
clemmon, nc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2010

I stayed one night on a duck hunting trip..found the room to be clean and pet friendly..motel even has an enclosed dog fun, so I you have your best friend with you, its a good place to stay for a decent price.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank ticketwriter
NC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2007

My husband and I had stayed at this motel five years ago and found it had character. The place was old, but the rooms were clean and unique. I returned in June and found it still old, but the rooms clearly have had no repairs in the five years since I was there last. It was clean, but we didn't feel what we were charged was comparable to the quality of the rooms. I would not stay there again.

• Liked — Easy to get to
  • Disliked — It was too run down
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
3 Thank NCtraveler57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manteo
Elizabethan Inn
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn
#13 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk

Been to Dare Haven Motel? Share your experiences!