“For a B and B not great”
Review of Scarborough House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manteo
Scarborough House
Ranked #9 of 9 Manteo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2014

So the room,location, and the grounds are great. Got a King bed room in guest house. Bed was comfortable. Room was clean. Antiques around place were nice. The grounds were neat. Porches facing street and water garden/pond. That's where the charm ends. Yes I know in certain situations you should not bring electronics with you to a B and B. I'm sorry, But their WiFi was not good. I believe if you run a place that your router should have extensive range for your customers. I could only use it in their lobby and I had the more expensive room. Also it would be nice if I had a question they could either get back with me or answer their phone. Many times they were not available. Finally, the breakfast?..was a self serve on the wet bar in the room. Juice, yogurt, bagels in small fridge. 4 cup coffee pot in packets of coffee that you see in most motel rooms these days. And there's your "breakfast" . This is not much effort in my mind. I expect for the money there would be more effort put in for the customer. But that's just us. This is a very average place in my mind.

Room Tip: In the main building at least you will have WiFi
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kent W

Reviewed 11 December 2013

Although the location is very convenient to the waterfront and the room we stayed in was fine, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. We were met as we checked in so they could collect their money, then we never saw nor heard from anyone again. The continental breakfast which was promised was never there. We rang the bell at the front desk several times, even called (and got a voice mail and were never called back). I have been in customer service for a long time and when you don't live up to your advertised or spoken promises (when I called to make the reservation, the person said although there wasn't a hot breakfast, there was a full continental breakfast included), you are not delivering any kind of good customer service. I would never stay there again.

Room Tip: I would not go there again, but if you decide to go, make sure they tell you how to reach them and a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ruth9197
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Huge, clean room and clean bathroom. Bed was very comfortable. Super friendly owner. Great location. Walked to the heart of Manteo every night for dinner. Saw several live bands during our visit on the 4th of July. Fireworks were great. Great restaurants in Manteo. Some have lovely views of the waterfront. We could easily drive to everything on the Outer Banks. Great value. You could easily pay double what we paid to spend the night here.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James K
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My husband and I stayed in the guest house on our wedding night and it was perfect. We loved everything about the room. It was clean, comfortable and the tub was amazing! We hope to come back every year for our anniversary. Great for local staycations or vistors.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SeasideVacationsOBX
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We stayed here for our triathlon. Wonderful place and great price. Mrs. Sally and her granddaughter Mrs. Ruth made you feel right at home. Great location. Can walk to downtown Maneto. Rooms were quaint. Breakfast left in refrigator each day. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Silvia4ecu
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We just returned home from a 4 day stay at the Scarborough House Inn, in Manteo, NC and to say the very least, we were thrilled with everything about the stay. The innkeepers were very friendly, We enjoyed the privacy and the room was spotless. We had room #4. To my delight, that was the room I had hoped for when I searched the website. Everything was in the room that we needed. Microwave, refrigerator, ironing board, iron, dishes, and the fridge was stocked with breakfast items that were vey delicious. We could not have asked for anything any better. The town of Manteo is very quaint and neat. We took in all the sites we could while we were there. Elizabethan Gardens and Capt. Johnny's Dolphin Watch were 2 of my favorites. We were fortunate enough to catch the outdoor drama, the Lost Colony, on it's last week. If you never wanted to leave the island, you can find plenty to do there. And as an added bonus, you are only about 5 miles from Nags Head. If you get a chance to visit Manteo on Roanoke Island, please make your choice of stay at the Scarborough House Inn. You will not be sorry you did. It will be the place we will stay if we are ever in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lulu0661
Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our first anniversary (we were also married in the Outer Banks), and it was a fantastic choice. From the booking of Scarborough House Inn to our arrival, the staff was extremely friendly... and we fell in love with Lucy, one of the resident pups. We chose the king suite in the guest house, and it was perfect. The bed was large and comfortable enough. The room itself was very large with a private bathroom and little kitchenette. The bathroom had a huge tub with some bubble bath provided. The fridge was stocked with orange juice, bagels, muffins, etc. - all of which were tasty. It was very private (the king suite is the entire top floor of the guest house), and very quiet. The air conditioning is a window unit that kept the entire place nice and cool.

I would absolutely stay here again and recommend The Scarborough House Inn to friends and family!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple