This is a wonderful resort in the nicest of surroundings. The room was at the back at the far end of the resort and as we made our way along this lovely building, we thought perhaps we might be getting sent to the 'cheap seats', as we had managed to get a good deal when booking. Oh no, not at all. The room had a small veranda and wonderful views of the Red rock walls across a well kept lawn and to sit there and watch the sunset was amazing and incredibly romantic. Our room was clean and very well furnished and it has to be said, was one of our favourites of many on our road trip. The adjoining and independent restaurant I found to be quite nice. We ordered from the Asian menu and was very pleased with the quality and service. The hotel WiFi was sketchy, so they offered us a free breakfast as compensation without us saying anything. The breakfast was also very nice and plentiful !
Almost perfect ? The only issue we had was at the front desk. When we arrived the young lady at the desk was polite and told us what we needed to know, but not exactly warm and friendly. OK fair enough. When we checked out their was a different young lady on the desk and she was to pre-occupied with her computer screen to even acknowledge me. When I asked her a question in the hope of getting her attention all I got was a "Maybe" without her looking up or stopping what she was doing, or asking me to wait one moment. As we had to get going I left it alone, but it took the shine off the perfect stay.
I would 100% stay here again, but it left me thinking that the waitresses, breakfast attendents and cleaners could teach the front desk staff a thing or two about being pleasant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Starting at check-in, you'll love the cozy, clean and sophisticated rooms that offer abundant amenities, including cable satellite television with Starz(R) and Encore(R), a coffeemaker, free high-speed Internet access and much more. Make your stay extra special by booking a Garden Suite, a mini-suite or a room with a balcony or Red Rock Cliff views. With Chimney Rock Restaurant located on the premises, a delicious meal is never far away. Just one mile from Capitol Reef National Park, you can explore almost 100 miles of natural wonders, including cliffs, canyons, domes and natural bridges. From Hickman's Bridge and Fishlake National Forest to Anasazi State Park and the Prehistoric Petroglyph, there are many other stunning sights to see and they're all within about an hour of this Torrey hotel. Additionally, enjoy easy access to all the area's parks, where you can delight in hiking, backpacking, canyoneering and photo tours. Love outdoor adventure? Our property puts you in the perfect location, as we're situated in the Grand Circle of National Parks - plan a day trip to the Grand Staircase, Bryce Canyon National Park, Canyonlands National Park or Zion National Park. Situated right off of Highway 12, enjoy exploring so many more attractions and being able to easily get where you're going when staying at this Torrey, UT hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Capitol Reef Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Capitol Reef Hotel Torrey
- Best Western Torrey
- Torrey Best Western
- Capitol Reef Resort Torrey, Utah