“CLEAN and FREE WI-FI”

Austin's Chuckwagon Lodge and General Store
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Torrey
“CLEAN and FREE WI-FI”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Heading to Capital Reef?? Well I suggest staying at Austin's Chuckwagon Lodge. The last time I past through here I stayed at the Days Inn and was not impressed on even satisfied with my stay. So to say the least I was a little nervous getting a room anywhere.
The lodge is tucked away behind the general store. As I pulled up to the office I noticed all the beautiful flower baskets hanging from the Lodge. The appearance of the lot and campgrounds were well kept.
I was pleasantly surprised with the room. It had two queen beds that were very clean. I didn't even see anything on the bed skirts. The room has a fridge and microwave along with a flat screen TV.
The bathroom was immaculate. It put the larger chains of hotel to shame as I looked for evidence of something gross.
Did I mention the free WI-FI! Nice to have when it's raining outside and you can't hike.

The walls are a little thin, you can here everything. But for the most part it's great.

Nice Job Chuckwagon! I will be sure to stay here often.

Room Tip: Try the top level. It may be a bit more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Barbie W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Newport News, VA
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We enjoyed our 1 night stay at Austin's Chuckwagon in the quaint town of Torrey. The front desk gave us great recommendations for places to eat. I needed to do laundry and they had a nice laundry facility in the General Store building. They had quite a few washers and dryers (more than any hotel I've seen). I had the whole laundry facility to myself. The General Store was convenient and had a nice deli that even served breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable. The price was very reasonable. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
St. George, Utah
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Centered in a very small town. Rustic, but clean. Somewhat dated, but wonderfully
maintained. Welcoming staff. Nicely shaded with many tall trees. Refreshing as area
is arid and rocky. Has a good general store that should satisfy all your needs with a
nice small food service area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank HRMZ
California
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here because we loved the name, and luckily, enjoyed our stay as well. The rooms are typical motel decor, but very clean and comfortable, a nice break from our day at Capitol Reef National Park. Everything looked really new! We were very pleased to have the store nearby, and the pool was a welcome relief at the end of a very hot day. The staff was also very helpful and nice. We totally recommend the lodge.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SueBirk
Reviewed 20 July 2014

On a motorcycle trip without agenda. Late afternoon arrived in Torrey, Utah. Stopped at General store for dinner supplies before heading for a campsite. Jamie in the store suggested the adjacent lodge. We were surprised at
Great rates so we booked a room. Clean and well equipped room. Jaime suggested eating at deli in back of store. Good sandwiches and desserts as it is also a bakery. Pool was nice and inviting. Morning coffee is free at deli and breakfast selection while not huge will please most appetites. Thanks to Jamie our `pit stop for supplies` turned into a nice restful break from motorcycle camping.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank CalaverasHabitat
Leixlip, Ireland
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great value for money. Large room with 2 large beds. Very clean and included a fridge and microwave which were very handy. Swimming pool, hot tub and everything one could wish for in the general store including excellent sandwiches in the bakery. Great for exploring Capitol Reef NP and a good stopover on Highway 12.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kerry M
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while driving through after my day at Capitol Reef. My husband and I enjoyed our room, which came with a microwave and fridge and an HD tv with many channels. They also have a general store where you can stick up on necessities and more. We ate our dinner and breakfast at the deli and really can't complain about anything.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Valencia333
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrey
Capitol Reef Resort
#1 of 1 in Caineville
The Rim Rock Inn
The Rim Rock Inn
#5 of 8 in Torrey

Been to Austin's Chuckwagon Lodge and General Store? Share your experiences!