“Very nice motel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Austin's Chuckwagon Lodge and General Store

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Austin's Chuckwagon Lodge and General Store
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Torrey
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very nice motel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Much better experience than your average motel. Torrey is a very pleasant small town and the hotel is a definite bright spot. The rooms were spacious and clean. It was convenient to have the store on the property. I would come back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank jaznwdc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
McMinnville, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

When spending time is this part of Utah, and exploring Capital Reef nation park. Austin's Chuck wagon was the place to start our day trips. We could get a nice breakfast,in the morning, and box lunches to go.
The staff was helpful, the rooms were clean, and the market had items that you might need. We have stayed here twice, and plan on coming back soon. This area of Utah has so much to see. For the price the location, I would recommend Austin's Chuck wagon.

Room Tip: We always ask for the second story rooms, and if possible the rooms on the end.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
2 Thank Michael M
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I've been coming to Torrey since I was a little girl . This little store reminds me of stepping back to the good ole days ...Here is a place were you can request a home made apple pie and you can pick it up nice and warm . Not to mention it's delicious!

Thanks Jamie for always making our stay better .

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Jennifer A
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Had been on a road trip coming from Bryce Canyon and happened on this hotel. Great price and the room was very good, newly updated comfortable beds. The store at the hotel has a little of everything, no coffee in the room, but coffee is free at store.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Loved it... Enough said! Trust me on this one - we have been on a whirlwind tour of southern Utah (natl parks) and this has been our fave so far! Plus the folks were super nice (general store) and the other guests here - nice too! My kinda place!! I love it when it all comes together in a great experience!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Kelly M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Heading to Capital Reef?? Well I suggest staying at Austin's Chuckwagon Lodge. The last time I past through here I stayed at the Days Inn and was not impressed on even satisfied with my stay. So to say the least I was a little nervous getting a room anywhere.
The lodge is tucked away behind the general store. As I pulled up to the office I noticed all the beautiful flower baskets hanging from the Lodge. The appearance of the lot and campgrounds were well kept.
I was pleasantly surprised with the room. It had two queen beds that were very clean. I didn't even see anything on the bed skirts. The room has a fridge and microwave along with a flat screen TV.
The bathroom was immaculate. It put the larger chains of hotel to shame as I looked for evidence of something gross.
Did I mention the free WI-FI! Nice to have when it's raining outside and you can't hike.

The walls are a little thin, you can here everything. But for the most part it's great.

Nice Job Chuckwagon! I will be sure to stay here often.

Room Tip: Try the top level. It may be a bit more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Barbie W
Newport News, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We enjoyed our 1 night stay at Austin's Chuckwagon in the quaint town of Torrey. The front desk gave us great recommendations for places to eat. I needed to do laundry and they had a nice laundry facility in the General Store building. They had quite a few washers and dryers (more than any hotel I've seen). I had the whole laundry facility to myself. The General Store was convenient and had a nice deli that even served breakfast. The room was clean and comfortable. The price was very reasonable. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple