“What I needed”
Review of The Rim Rock Inn

The Rim Rock Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Torrey B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 May 2014

For proximity to Capitol Reef National Park, you really can't beat this place. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My room was very basic. I was disappointed not to have a table, desk, or anything else I could use for my computer. No drinking cups in the bathroom. The room was clean, though, and served its purpose for the most part.
They had just changed the way breakfast works, so that guests now eat at the Inn's restaurant, which is connected to the end of the hotel. The down side is that the free continental is quite limited as far as what you can order and have it still be free. I was annoyed that orange juice does not come with it. You have to pay if you want that... I hope they work out the kinks with that, because right now it's a little shaky.
I'm not sure I'd stay here again. I'd probably look at other places in the area and see if there was somewhere better.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Basic room, no closet or hangers just a coat rack with 4 pegs on the wall. Simple shower and fixtures. But it works for the one night before moving through Capitol Reef National Park.
Clean rooms and friendly helpful staff.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Our room was clean, quiet and comfortable. The restaurant dining room was large, comfortable, excellent service, amazing food with a view to die for. The only thing we were not impressed with was the continental breakfast, comparing to other motels we have travelled in the last 3 weeks, it was at the bottom of our list.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We have stayed here twice now and it may be one of our favorite inexpensive hotels of all time. You wake up to breathtaking views of snow-capped mountains or red rock canyons. We usually time our arrival around dinnertime so we can check in, then wander over to the restaurant, which has terrific meals (fresh trout, artichokes, rib-eye, mole enchiladas) to match its terrific views.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank primroseLA
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We spent there only 1 night, spacious room with good heating. The restaurant was OK, the wine they served was not too good but the food was OK. We did not try the other restaurant which is more casual and cheaper. The room offers mountain view.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kevin411
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Only stayed 1 night and made a note to return. Ideal for the Capitol Reef NP and surrounding geological sights. A comfortable room with all usual facilities. Great views from the walkways across the red rock canyon. Very good restaurant on site. The motel gets very busy and the restaurant is a local favourite (book a table for evening meal). By recommending this motel I may be shooting myself in the foot when I try to book again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my one-night stay at the Rim Rock Inn, which was reasonably priced and comfortable. The room was reasonably clean except for some hard-to-reach spots in corners. I did point out to the desk staff when leaving that my room could use a little more attention, and he assured me that the management wanted to know of any improvements that could be made. The spectacular view of the nearby cliffs alone make the Rim Rock a worthwhile choice. The restaurant provided the very best dinner, elegantly presented, that I enjoyed on a month-long trip, with excellent service to match. I'd gladly stay here again just for the dinner and the view.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrey
Capitol Reef Resort
Capitol Reef Inn & Cafe
Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef
Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef
#1 of 1 in Caineville

Been to The Rim Rock Inn? Share your experiences!