“Our Mountain Home!”
Review of Mountain Lodge

Mountain Lodge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Flat Rock
Reviewed 21 November 2012

My wife and I have stayed at the Mountain Lodge 3 times before and this time I was on my own. Each stay has been fantastic and Scott and the staff truly makes you feel so welcome. We joke that there is no reason to get a mountain home as long as we stay at the Mountain Lodge. Quiet, Comfortable, Clean and New what more could you ask for? Well you can start with the great rates that make for a fantastic value. Warm friendly staff, great beds and suites that are really suites with two rooms and two TVs. The included breakfast and evening snacks are always incredible, tasty and filling. The indoor pool is the best hotel pool ever. It is the correct size and open in the morning unlike most hotels that for some reason do not open their pools until after 10am just in time for check out. If I ever would have a private indoor pool built for me (not going to happen on my salary) I would send my Architect to the Mountain Lodge to steal this design. I highly recommend the Mountain Lodge for any event, stay or occasion.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Mountain Lodge

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Myself and 2 friends decided to have a guy's only weekend and randomly chose this hotel. The hotel itself is very nice and has a great indoor pool as well as a nice outdoor area with a waterfall. The rooms are very nice and modern as well and beds are comfortable. But the main thing that made me love this hotel and take the time to write this review was how great the staff was. Scott, one of the owners, took extremely well care of us. As soon as we came in he greeted us and talked to us for a while and gave us a great rate as well. It was around 11PM at night and we went straight to the pool and Scott had one of his employees bring my friends and I a couple rounds of shots from his own personal liquor. Then later he gave us food as well. But overall it was a great experience and we all had a great time thanks to Scott. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2012

My husband and I wanted a getaway weekend to visit Asheville and Hartford Tennessee. Last minute plans and a google search and I found this gem of a hotel! I called and spoke with Scott (who talked to me as if we were old friends rather than just a customer) and booked us a king suite at an extremely reasonable rate for two nights. We drove in from Raleigh and didn't arrive until 2am. We were warmly greeted by Matt (aka "German") and once we opened the door to our suite we were speechless! It was stunningly beautiful, extremely clean and inviting after a long drive. The waterfall was literally outside our livingroon window and the view was spectacular! The kitchenette was stocked, the livingroon was separated from the bedroom by double doors and there were two tv's one recessed in the livingroom and a bigger one in the bedroom. The king bed was comfortable and we slept so well! The rainfall shower was hot and relaxing. We didn't hear the other guests and weren't disturbed by any noise. The breakfast was incredible and the evening snacks complete with wine, cheese and beer was a pleasant surprise! We enjoyed our stay immensely, highly recommend this lodge to everyone and definitely plan on a return visit! Thank you Scott for providing such a great place to vacation!!

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Four of us stayed at Mountain Lodge for one night. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. Reception desk handled our check-in quickly and they were very cheerfull. The rooms were nice & clean and each had its own small kitchen, fridge, microwave & oven. The hotel offered breakfast from 6:30 - 9:30 each morning and hors d'ourves each evening. We asked about the manager's afternoon reception and was informed that it had been cancelled due to a wedding reception. To make up for the loss, they brought hors d`ourves and wine to our room. At 12:30 am we were playing a board game in the lobby and the manager,Scott, came by and offered to get us drinks. We are already planning our next trip!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2012

Me and my Mom came here on Oct,15,because I had been reading the reviews on trip advisor.It was above my expectations,the people at the desk were so friendly and the guy even mapped our travel plans for 2 days,needless to say we were not disappointed. The rooms were spotless , beds were comfy and the room smelled so good! The waterfall out back was nice too! We will certainly be back!

Room Tip: Get a view of the waterfall!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sharon K
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I came here with a group on a trip to Hendersonville and Flat Rock for a play at the Playhouse.
I was in a King suite that was considered an accessible room. The Suite has a separate bedroom and livingroom and a kitchen with a full size fridge, a range with an oven, sink, microwave and granite contertops. There was a coffee maker and a toaster and pots and pans. Additional items available at the front desk. The bathroom was large with a closet area inside of it.
Livingroom area was nice also with a hide a bed couch, desk, a flat panel TV set and a ceiling fan.
The pool area is nice but I find the pool to be rather small. Fitness center consists of a cross trainer and 2 treadmills and that's it. They had a good comp breakfast and they also cater food for dinners and functions and Weddings.
A few things that would make the room better is that the bathroom have a heat lamp or a heater in there since those tile floors can get mighty cold.
This place is great for group travel and there is plenty of parking for motorcoaches. Flat Rock
PlayHouse is about a 10 minute ride by car from this lodge and this lodge is right off I 26.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank penguinlimo
Reviewed 8 October 2012

Scott Mutchmore and his staff go out of their way to make sure your event is everything you'd hope it would be! When you want no worries and absolute perfection in decor, waitstaff, and food, contact te Mountain Lodge.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
CedarWood Inn
CedarWood Inn
#4 of 11 in Hendersonville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hendersonville SE - Flat Rock

Been to Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!