“The Best!!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Flat Rock
Mobile, Alabama
“The Best!!”
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Can't imagine anyone giving this place a poor rating..but do realize there are people out there that just can't be pleased......I have spoken to Alice several times over the last 2 months planning my stay here to drop off and then pick up my children at a local camp(Greystone). Can't imagine where you stayed in Hendersonville that could compare?? This is the best by far.....

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Asheville NC
Reviewed 24 June 2009

I saw the Mountain Lodge on-line and it looked so great that I called that very moment to make a reservation. Although, the lady that answered the phone (believe her name was Alice) was so rude and short with me that I ended up not making the reservation due to her horrible customer service. I would have really liked to have stayed here, and I actually had a few family members staying there that same weekend for the wedding that we were attending, but it's sad that I will never get the chance too because I will not support less than average service. I stayed somewhere else in Hendersonville. Best of luck to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Rochester, NY
Reviewed 19 June 2009

We flew in for a wedding, and this place was like a second home. The hotel was extremely clean....and I rarely say that about hotels! Scott and the staff were very friendly and hospitable and would bend over backwards to assist us with anything we needed. We appreciated they're attention to detaiI. Also, it was very convenient that they provided a full breakfast each morning. We had a really wonderful stay!

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Albemarle, NC
Reviewed 15 June 2009

My wife and I are on our 30th anniversary and as we write this review we are in our room. We have never stayed at a better and nicer place and we are being treated like Royalty! Scott and Kristy are the best you will ever meet. I don't think Scott sleeps, he is always here. The 1 bad review is not true! If you stay here you will never stay anywhere else!
When we arrived, Scott was out front and greeted us by name and he always calls us by name. It was as if we had known him for years and he treats everyone this way.
The room is extremely clean and looks like something out of a dream. Kristy had placed flowers and candy in the room for my wife. The bed is so comfortable I can't get my wife out of it to go anywhere, but that's ok we really don't want to go anywhere.
The breakfast buffet was not your typical continental breakfast. The food was so good that and filling that we were not hungry when we left like usual. Scott continually kept fresh and hot food available for everyone and also interacted with everyone.
Please check this place out, you won't regret it!!!!!!!!!!!! This is where we will be staying from now on.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Belews Creek, NC
Reviewed 9 June 2009

This is a beautiful hotel, although the staff at the front desk were the most unfriendly and unhelpful group of young ladies that I have ever encountered! I travel a lot and customer service is the most important factor to me and my husband, it either makes or brakes it for us! And we are sorry to say that we were disgusted with the performances (or lack of) with 2 woman at the Mountain Lodge, that we will never stay here again. We will not give good reviews if asked.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
6 Thank JessNTodd
Pinehurst NC
Reviewed 6 June 2009

Scott and his staff made everyone in our group feel welcome from the moment they arrived until the moment they left. He went above and beyond for each and every one of us... I have never met a team who exemplify such wonderful customer service as Scott, Cheryl, and the rest of the staff here. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms very nice, and we even used the banquet room for a Friday night dessert social which worked out perfect. Our wedding was a pretty place chapel (about an hour drive) and we had planned on having our wedding reception here, but couldn't (they were booked...a popular place for a wedding because it is so beautiful), so Scott recommended a venue for our reception, which was SO perfect. Thanks, Scott for EVERYTHING you did to make our day so special.

• Stayed April 2009
Miami
Reviewed 1 June 2009

We had a large family gathering for a wedding, and looked at a lot of places before settling on this place. The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the owner/manager (Scott) was quite simply the best hotel customer service person I have ever come across (and I travel a lot, all over the world). He was making breakfast, rearranging tables so we could all sit together at breakfast, mowing the lawn..he even went out and bought starch so my brother could iron his shirt - delivered right to our room!!! At night we didn't want to make noise in the lobby so they opened up the conference room for us, set up a couple of tables, and allowed us to have a few beers and listen to music (Ipod connection provided) as long as we wanted.

Oh by the way, the rate was unbelievable - the 1 BDR suite is very large too. If you ever have to stay in Flat Rock, you MUST stay here.....

• Stayed May 2009
The Cascades Mountain Resort
The Cascades Mountain Resort
#6 of 11 in Hendersonville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Hendersonville SE - Flat Rock

Been to Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!