“Superb!!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Flat Rock
Tampa, Florida
“Superb!!”
Reviewed 9 August 2009

The rooms were gorgeous and clean. Look just like the pictures. Granite everywhere-even the shower stall/walls. Beds were SO comfortable. Lobby is exquisite. The man-made waterfall in the back is beautiful. Great mountain views. Excellent location. Loved Flat Rock Village! Reminded me of Martha's Vineyard. We were glad we chose this as our base as opposed to Asheville as most of the spots we wanted to see were south of Asheville also. Asheville is straight up the highway. The breakfast was bountiful and delicious-omelets, burritos, sausage, pancakes, bacon, assorted pastries, yogurt, coffee/tea, juice and cereals. They also serve free light evening fare-tortilla chips, chicken nuggets, egg rolls, meatballs, etc.. All complementary. Wonderful, clean pool. And the service................out of this world! No hotel chain can compete with the hospitality here. Scott is truly a people-person.....greeted guests by name in the morning......very courteous and attentive. Great staff!! We've lived in 3 countries and 4 states and have done a lot of traveling. This place is outstanding in all ways. Our son said he will miss Scott on our drive home!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Whiteville, NC
Reviewed 3 August 2009

The Mountain Lodge is in a good location, handy to 1-26, but not in a commercialized area. The suites are spacious with everything you could need for a short or extended stay including a kitchen, sitting area and wireless access. In the morning they serve an exeptional breakfast and in the evenings they host a manager's reception with wine, beer and sweet tea. On one evening, my colleagues and I had a special reception and dinner which was tasty and well-organized. Besides the very nice accomodations, the best part of the stay was the fantastic service by the staff with the manager, Scott, helping in every way.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 July 2009

One of the cleanest, quietest and most attentive hotels I've ever stayed in. I've stayed at several other hotels within a mile of here and although adequate, they don't measure up to this hotel and it's excellent price. You get alot of bang for your buck.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Asheville
Reviewed 14 July 2009

For business, I needed accomodations for TWO MONTHS. After personally visiting 10+ locations, I found this GEM. You simply will not find a better place to stay. The sound of the waterfall, the georgious check in area, the pool, the flat screens, an incredible staff lead by an outstanding manager. Remember, I was here two months. I experienced consistent daily high quality accomodations and service. Do yourself a favor and STAY HERE.

Scott -- keep up the great work !! MS

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 7 July 2009

Recently stayed at Mountain Lodge for several days. We stayed in a one bedroom suite. Room was clean and ready for my early arrival. Scott was friendly and accommodating. However, when I told the lady at the front desk that I needed sheets for the pull out sofa, she....handed them to me. I was expecting her to call housekeeping for them to set the bed but instead, I was handed a set of sheets and was expected to do it myself. Hmm..... Otherwise, the rooms were nice & clean and each had its own small kitchen, fridge, microwave & oven. Despite being off the highway, the hotel was very quiet. That is, until housekeeping came. Every morning, I heard the housekeeper outside of our room talking loudly on her cell phone. This was annoying. The hotel offered breakfast from 6:30 - 9:30 each morning and hors d'ourves each evening. There is a pool, fitness center, business center and a nice fireplace in the lobby. Ample parking; wireless internet available in the rooms. The location was a bit out of the way for us as most of our days were spent in Hendersonville but I am certain this hotel was the best in the area.

• Stayed June 2009
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 25 June 2009

Can't imagine anyone giving this place a poor rating..but do realize there are people out there that just can't be pleased......I have spoken to Alice several times over the last 2 months planning my stay here to drop off and then pick up my children at a local camp(Greystone). Can't imagine where you stayed in Hendersonville that could compare?? This is the best by far.....

Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Asheville NC
Reviewed 24 June 2009

I saw the Mountain Lodge on-line and it looked so great that I called that very moment to make a reservation. Although, the lady that answered the phone (believe her name was Alice) was so rude and short with me that I ended up not making the reservation due to her horrible customer service. I would have really liked to have stayed here, and I actually had a few family members staying there that same weekend for the wedding that we were attending, but it's sad that I will never get the chance too because I will not support less than average service. I stayed somewhere else in Hendersonville. Best of luck to the hotel.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
#6 of 11 in Hendersonville
Red Roof Inn Hendersonville
Red Roof Inn Hendersonville
#7 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!