“Disappointing and will not be back”

Mountain Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Flat Rock
Asheville, North Carolina
“Disappointing and will not be back”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I agree with previous review. The cleaning supply smell was overwhelming and made me feel sick. I do not understand the TA ranking of #1 hotel in Flat Rock; certainly not the #1 hotel in Hendersonville area. (Check out Mountain Lodge right next door instead.) The room is very dark and the lighting is very poorly done. Only 3 hangers. Cheap little frig (that needed defrosting). Unprofessional (in dress and manner) night desk clerk while morning/day clerks were professional and friendly. Bed too soft and my back hurt the next day. When we arrived early evening, the maids still had their huge carts in the hallway and we could barely get in our room. The next morning they were out in the hall chattering away at 8:00 am while I was still trying to sleep.

1 Thank MDinNC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I went to NC with friends to ride motorcyles throught the Blue Ridge. Thankfully the Inn was Clean, friendly and very accommodating! Breakfast was simple and coffee was delicious! I will definitely be returning and recommending the Mountain Inn and Suites!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Unfortunately, we had to pay $119 for what can be described as mediocre at best. The room deodorizer was nauseating and the bed was soft and creaking. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling off the walls. Based on some TripAdvisor reviews, we had high expectations. Huge disappointment and I don't believe their claim that it was just renovated, unless they mean the lobby.

Georgia
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This hotel looks like a nice chain but apparently there are only 2. The parking lot is large, clean, and well lit. Check-in was quick and the staff was polite. My room was excellent - large, clean, and comfortable. The reasonable price and location make this a major find for me. There is no pool (says so in their advertisement). The hotel shares their parking lot with Mountain Lodge. If a property starts with 5 stars and goes down when things go wrong, this hotel get all 5 - I couldn't see anything to complain about. Tip: if you are going for the first time, the entrance road is very close to the I-26 interchange. Be careful to turn onto the frontage road - not the interstate highway. I will be back.

Grayson, Georgia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Quiet hotel and room was roomy. I didn't like the room smell when first entered the room and the bed was a little saggy! Had problems with internet service, but the hotel staff could not have been nicer. Breakfast was good and well maintained.

Room Tip: Suites are a little roomier, but If you want a view, don't get a suite.
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We just attended the first Mountain Wine & Music Festival organized by Mountain Inn & Suites and local winerys and we had a great time at the festival and a great stay at the adjoining inn! The price was very reasonable and the room was clean and comfortable, and we enjoyed a hot breakfast the next morning as well! The staff was friendly and helpful and went out of their way to ensure we had an enjoyable stay! We will definitely stay here again at next year's MW&MF, and will certainly recommend this place to visiting friends and relatives.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This hotel was a nicer place than I usually stay in. I chose it for the jacuzzi in the room and it was excellent. The exterior of the building and the lobby are nice. Every staff member I spoke with was friendly and very helpful. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. Only minor drawbacks - cleaning agents used in the room left a strong smell, but I quickly did not notice. Had to get out of the jacuzzi wet and cross the room to turn the jets on and off. I missed having a swimming pool.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Flat Rock
#2 of 11 in Hendersonville
Hampton Inn Hendersonville
Hampton Inn Hendersonville
#1 of 11 in Hendersonville

Been to Mountain Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!