“Decent RV Park Convenient to Carlsbad Caverns”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Carlsbad
Carlsbad RV Park and Campground
Reviewed 26 February 2014

During our tour of the Southwest in our 38' class A motorhome, we needed a place to stay in Carlsbad so we could visit the caverns. I chose this campground after checking out some of the reviews of other parks in the area and taking a look at the park with Google Maps.

We had a very pleasant stay. The staff was friendly and helpful, the park was nice, if unspectacular, and it was in a location that provided a straight shot to the caverns. Our site was a pull-through, and it was plenty big enough and easy to get in and out of.

Overall, if you're visiting Carlsbad, this is a nice place to stay. I would stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank KreelanWarrior

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I had to cancel my reservation with Carlsbad RV Park and Campground. I cancelled two weeks prior to my show up time via a phone call and email. Irene Stewart the manager charged my CC for the first night anyway. Then refused to not only not reverse the charge, she wouldn't even bother to return a call or email after 10 more messages were left.

The charge was easily reversed since I had the documentation. I wonder how many other folks they try to rip off the same way? What a stupid way to do business.

Here's hoping they go out of business.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank Kevin K
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Owners r really rude. My meds was coming in mail and she said my mail wasn't there and yet another staff did find it. All they care about money and not their guest. what happen to guests r right? Really unprofessional owner who doesn't care. My son was in the bathroom and the light on ceiling fall and owner was noticefied and he walked over to the bathroom and said oh well. Wth... And they unplug your things and not even tell you they just unplug. But no where on contract said you can't use any plug. Worst place I ever stayed at.

• Stayed: November 2013
4  Thank Pissedof
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We are traveling to Florida from Las Vegas, We stayed in El Paso TX. Called Carlsbad RV first thing in the morning to make reservations,,,, no Answer,,, just a answering machine, left message with cell Number. As we were driving waited 1 hour called again left another message. We were to white City called again, answering machine. Arrived to campground, went inside to get a spot, was told they were full up. My Husband made a comment they could have answered their phones and the Girl went Crazy.. Well I have 70 messages and people checking in all day.. Yelling ! The other girl said they had a spot for 1 night with 30 amps ( no prob) I said I'll take it. Then I asked how long it was for we needed 56 feet. ( towing a trailer) and they both went of again, YELLING ! as we were walking out the door they YELLED at us their is a Wal-Mart up the street. One little phone call, that's all I ask.. so we could have made other arrangements. Sounds like they need more help. Or nicer people who care about their business. Go stay at KOA Campground, this will be our 2nd stay here. they answer phones. Very nice people.. the only thing they are 15 miles out but well worth the drive ! Thank you KOA

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank homecook57
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Booked with Passport...no longer accepting and basically had the attitude...sorry but you have other .options...if you want it ...full price. They did allow me to change nights which was good. The bathrooms did not lock...out of 4 showers, one no head, one no knob. Maintenance crew very nice and helpful. Would look at other options next time as still 30 miles from the caverns.

• Stayed: June 2013
4  Thank Fred L
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We arrived after about a 9 hour haul. Very friendly folks, quick check in, park is average. We were able to get in, get set up and go to dinner in very short order. And it is on the Passport America discount program. Not fancy, but very good for our needs. I will stop there again when traveling thru the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank BGJ182
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Kinda old and hokey facilities, but usable. Restroom terrible, how much does a bucket of paint cost again? Yours is peeling. Friendly staff. Would have given it an average had it not been for the swimming pool down for maintenance reasons over Memorial day. Very bad form when it's 100+ outside. Business 101: The facility should have had proper contingency plans worked out so your not chasing off paying customers. Wife report: "They clearly don't do maintenance." Marked ratings according to poor business planning on the parks part. Won't be coming back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family