“Survey”

Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The hotel was very clean and well taken care off. The employees were very helpful and freindly. The place was very secure i was not worried about the security of my self or vehical. The breakfast had a wide variety of food and the people serving the breakfast were very friendly and nice. I would highly recomend this as a regular place to stay to any one.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Roy V
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we thank you for your business. We thank you for all the kind words regarding our staff, hotel cleanliness, breakfast food and service and hotel security. We look forward to being your host on future trips to the area. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Everything at Hampton Inn is perfection, but Jessica, at the front desk, made our visit memorable. She easily answered questions and guided us in our travels. We left Carlsbad feeling we had made a new friend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we appreciate your business. We thank you for all the kind words regarding our hotel and our staff. We look forward to being your host on future trips to the area. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

The staff and front desk personal at the Carlsbad Hampton Inn are the best I have found in any Hampton inn I have stay at. I was very happy to see the upgrade to Direct-TV while I was there. I had a great Six months.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we appreciate your business. We thank you for all the kind words regarding our staff and hotel amenities. We look forward to being your host on future trips to the area. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Above average and above your typical price for a Hampton Inn, however, the hotel is fairly new, the staff is excellent and the rooms are slightly larger than older Hampton Inns. Not certain what is driving the price up on this particular hotel, but it seems to be the norm for Carlsbad. Could it be the Carlsbad Caverns? My experience at the hotel was very good. The front desk complied with my request for a room away from the elevators and vending machines, so I was happy. They also provided me with a room on the backside of the hotel, away from the car-wash and traffic noise (thanks!). The wireless access to the Internet work well, and the breakfast had a fair selection of items. The pool and hot-tub were very clean, as was the room. The only quirk was the cleaning solution used to clean the bathroom, it was quite strong; lingering long after the bathroom was cleaned. A slight nasal irritation occurred upon entry, but disappeared within a reasonable amount of time (my suggestion is to open the window for about 5 minutes, which greatly helped).

Room Tip: Request a room on the back-side of the hotel and avoid the car-wash and traffic noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we thank you for your business. We thank you for all the kind words regarding our service, hotel cleanliness, room size, internet, pool and breakfast amenities. We understand price is a concern, but we hope to provide value compared to our competitors by providing great service, clean accommodations and better amenities. We look forward to being your host on future trips to the area. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed here while in the area for business. With the very limited choices in Carlsbad, it was nice to finally have a newer choice.

Check in was quick, staff was friendly. My room was clean, no weird smells, and very spacious once I got in. The door was quite "heavy" (due to the auto-close hydraulic thing) so getting my gear into the room was an ordeal, especially since the sink/microwave/fridge area was right there as you come in. It didn't just open into the room. I did have a heavy footed person in the room above mine, so I heard every movement. I don't know if I was lucky enough to have a noisy person up there, or if all rooms have this feature. The front desk did seem to help alleviate the noise after I called about it.

Breakfast is the typical hotel fare; the heat and serve stuff. I don't like the way that food tastes, so I did not partake. The coffee was not to my tastes, either. I like strong, coffee flavored coffee, so the gross coffee is just my opinion.

During the week, cookies are served in the afternoon. Those were pretty good.

The hotel is obviously family owned; by a large family. This large family stays huddled at the front desk area, the office area behind the desk, or the dining area. They are always there, all of them, all ages. Sometimes, they distract each other and it is difficult to get their attention if you need service, or the noise level prevents them from hearing customers. This may or may not be an issue for some.

Overall, the stay was good. Due to limited choices and being one of those "I travel a lot and collect a lot of points" folks, I'd probably stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we thank you for your business. We thank you for all the kind words regarding our hotel staff service, hotel cleanliness and room size . We look forward to being your host on future trips to the area. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We only stayed one night at this Hampton while visiting the Caverns. The check in was quick, the room was sizable and quite comfortable. The breakfast was excellent and the staff friendly and helpful. We were happy to pay a little more for our room here, especially after seeing some of the other accommodations available in the local area. The hotel is conveniently located close to the Caverns and many restaurants.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we thank you for your business. We thank you for all the kind words regarding our breakfast, service, room size and comfort, hotel cleanliness and location. We look forward to being your host on future trips to the area. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights in August 2013. We have stayed at several Hampton Inns and this one was what we expected although the price per night was very high. The room was clean, the staff was friendly and they had a nice breakfast in the morning. We were in town to visit the caverns and this location was perfect for us. It was about a 20 minute drive to the park entrance. There was a Chili's restaurant next to the hotel and because it was close by we had dinner there both nights. We used the pool and hot tub at the hotel and we were satisfied with both. It was a good stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer P
Hamptoncarlsbadnm, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we appreciate your business. We thank you for the kind words regarding our hotel cleanliness, staff service, breakfast, pool and hotel location. We understand prices are higher in the Carlsbad, NM area compared to other areas, but we hope to provide value compared to our competitors by providing clean accomodations, great free breakfast, excellent service, good location and better amenities. If you have any other questions, comments or concerns regarding your stay, please contact me at 575-725-5700.