Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad
US$421
US$402
US$472
US$451
All reviewsfront desk staffrooms are nicewasher and dryerwould stay here againfresh cookiesother hotelsfitness roomin townwafflesoil gassanta febreakfast staffguadalupe mountains national parkdecent hotelfree breakfastoil field workersclean hotel
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Don't waste your money or points staying here! Pool is closed; the front desk has no idea when it will reopen. There are no outside areas to relax; no shade available since the pool area is closed. They really need to pressure wash the entry and public areas; very dirty. Not the Marriot property that I'm used to seeing. Poor house keeping practices; my bed was barely smoothed out.

Room Tip: Since it's on a main highway ask for a room on the back; truck traffic 24/7!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kellie A, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

First off I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Carlsbad. I apologize for any inconveniences our pool being out of order may have caused you during your stay. Unfortunately it is out of our control as to when it will reopen. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We've stayed at Marriott properties for over two decades and this was one of the worst. Right now there are not enough hotels for the demand in Carlsbad and the hotel must be using this to as a reason to provide poor service. Astonishingly, I caught the house housekeeping staff inserting their own "Do Not Disturb" sign in the my door in order to get out of making up the room!

Room Tip: Stay in Roswell or El Paso
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kellie A, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of any assistance, please don not hesitate to contact me directly.
Kellie Araiza Assistant General Manager
Fairfield Inn and Suites-Carlsbad, NM
KellieA@intermountainhotels.com
(575) 887 8000

Reviewed 31 May 2014

I used points to stay here because the price was so high. (The points price was very reasonable.)

Good breakfast. The hotel has an outdoor pool which unfortunately gathers a lot of leaves. There's also a whirlpool. In addition to the pool area, there's an open patio area for gatherings.

My biggest complaint was the windows. Terrible! Both nights I stayed there were windy, and the whistling and groaning noises were unbelievable. I was woken up several times.

The small gym was adequate for me (had a treadmill).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Our family stayed in a suite for one night in May. Overall, the hotel was ok but it wasn't worth the $230/night that we paid. From what I could see, the pricing issue isn't unique to this hotel as everything in Carlsbad seems to be priced too high.

I haven't stayed in a Fairfield Inn in a while but I was surprised that our room was so modern looking. It had the Ikea-based look of a W hotel. I would have preferred something more traditional. Also, I wouldn't recommend paying the extra money for a suite. Based on the layout of the suite, the extra room isn't very usable. Save the money and get a regular room.

The breakfast was good but it wasn't as good as the Holiday Inn Express breakfast that we got the night before in Alamogordo. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jeff K
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I recently spent 23 days traveling across the southwestern United States. During the course of my travels, I stayed in many hotels. By far (maybe because of its proximity to Carlsbad Caverns National Park), this place was the most expensive and I received the least. My room had no refrigerator, no microwave, a bathroom where there was a saddle (threshold) where I stubbed my toe in the middle of the night. I had a very poor night sleeping because trucks and cars rumble by on the highway which is right next to the front of the hotel. The interior of my room was ugly (creme colored curtains with a large ugly green stripe running across). This room needs an upgrade. With taxes and fees, this room set me back $221.62. For what I received, I felt this room was way overpriced. When I checked out, the clerk never even asked how my stay was (I was going to tell him but decided I just wanted to get out of this hotel as soon as possible). I would never stay at this hotel again!

Room Tip: Do not get a room in the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank maloney1969
Kellie A, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and share your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Kellie Araiza, Assistant General Manager