“Very poor service!”

Wendy's
Ranked #32 of 76 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

We waited 15 min at the front of the line before our order was taken. There was no greeting or even "I will be right with you," from any of the 6 people I counted in the back. When we were finally waited on the girl was very impolite and was totally lacking in people skills. All the tables were dirty, most with dried, stuck on substances. And part of the order was wrong.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

The girl who took our order was having a bad day, bed week, bad month or bad year. Talk about rude. This is not the type of person Wendy's usually hires.
Corporate needs to give her a pink slip.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

We chose Wendy's because we were in a hurry and know we like their price and quality of food, however we waited in line at the counter for at least 15 minutes. In the meantime, one employee was cleaning the women's room and kept coming out to say how unsanitary it was only to complete it and go back into the kitchen to work! He did wash his hands multiple times but the idea was still hard to bear. Once we ordered, and clearly confused the inexperienced staff, it didn't take long to get our food. At the drink station, the tea tasted old, and there was a hair on the counter at the condiment station. Since the wait was so long, we got our food to go, so I can't report on the rest of the restaurant. Overall grossed out and disappointed.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

Stopped in to pick up a quick bite to eat for the evening as we are having to stay late for work. First, the staff did NOT speak English.
Second, the food was cold. Well, let me rephrase that; the burger I had was barely warm and the fries were stone cold. Wendy's says they make your food fresh, this was not.

Visited about 4:40pm on Thursday Feb 28, 2013.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

We arrived in Carlsbad (after a long drive from El Paso) at about 9:00 at night. We decided to stop at Wendy's for dinner before finding a hotel. They were obviously short-staffed & training new people in the back, but we stood at the counter for 5 minutes before someone came up to acknowledge us. By this time, there were 10 people in line behind us. I ordered a spicy chicken sandwich, and my 2 friends also ordered meals. We were not told at the time we ordered, but apparently the Spicy Chickens were "on hold", whatever that means. The net result was that my 2 friends were served while I waited nearly 20 minutes for my food. We would have gone to McDonald's across the street, but one of my friends absolutely hates their food. So instead, we waited. I would have been less upset with the wait if the guy behind the counter (who was polite, if distracted) had told me up front that they weren't cooking spicy chickens at the moment & I would have gladly ordered something else.
As I said, they were short staffed, but we had to clean our own table off in order to find a place to sit. The tables were all very messy - we were tempted to go sit in the dark & obviously closed portion of the restaurant just because the tables there were actually clean enough to sit at without cringing. If this is the condition of the restaurant during off-peak hours, I would hate to see it during lunch or dinner rush. We won't be back.

Been to Wendy's? Share your experiences!