“Our meal was fine”

Pizza Hut
Ranked #53 of 75 Restaurants in Carlsbad
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We ate dinner here one night during our trip. The food was typical Pizza Hut; if you've eaten at one you've eaten at them all. My husband and I love the breadsticks and sauce.
The service was fine when we were there, and the restaurant was clean. It was busy even though it was relatively early.

Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

Don't eat here. The pizza is horrible and the staff is incompetent. The pizza crust was little better than cardboard. Most of the staff is high school age, and they act like it. When I asked for the check, our server stood next to our table and waited for me to sign it. I then received a nasty look when she read the tip amount (I tipped 15%, and she was lucky to get it).

Reviewed 12 March 2013

After a long day at the Caverns we went to eat at Pizza Hut in carlsbad. The waiter greeted us with "hi sorry about the mess, my name is ___ and we are out of almost everything." WOW okay, I'll take a Dr pepper and a Bud light. Waiter replies "Well those are two on the list, u want pepsi and we only have a few beers left" okay what beer do you have? Got the drinks finally. We went to order and out of 3 types of wings they only had bone out. Got those, tried ordering a sub sandwich, out of bread. ordered a large cheese stix got 5 not 10. The woman cutting the pizzas stuck ours on the bottom of the oven, meanwhile I went and asked management for it & our p'zone, he seen the pizza there said "oh thats yours? we'll have it right out, and get that p'zone in" NEVER DID, finally I went back up there to ask were our p'zone was... also didnt make that. We finally got our pizza & p'zone to go. One missing mushrooms we ordered and the p'zone without any sauce. The waiter ripped off the resturant by trying to comp not only the first round of beers (which we would have accepted being they only had 4 to choice from) but he took off even our sodas and second round of beers. I'm not a criminal, we will pay for what we did get. All around from the management that told me my pizza was in the oven when it had yet to be made, to the waiter trying to increase his tip money at the fault of the company. HORRIBLE

Reviewed 22 December 2012

pizza on the buffet were all thin crust and seemed to be dried out. not much flavor. but salad bar was decent.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

My wife and I were in Carlsbad for a couple nights and decided to go out for pizza. The first place we went in (a different pizza chain) was very dirty, and we turned around and walked out. We then went to Pizza Hut, and it was nice and clean. We were served our drinks right away, but weren't quite decided on our order yet, so the girl "gave us another minute". After about 10 minutes, I called out to her and told her we were ready to order. We ordered a medium half and half, as we were traveling and didn't really want any leftover.
It took a while to get our food, more than 30 minutes, but when it came, it was delicious! Very great tasting pizza!
The service was slow, but very nice and friendly and the food was great. If you're not in a hurry, the pizza here is worth the wait.