Carlsbad Inn
US$371
CandlewoodSuites
Stevens Inn(Carlsbad)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We booked this trip through Expedia around Feb/March time frame to travel Memorial Day week. We arrived - upon check in the person at the counter told me that I booked early and his prices have changed and I would have to pay the higher rate. I showed him my Expedia reservations with no such wording and told him he should honor the rate. He did. We went to our room - it was functional. The towels are think, my towels from basic training were better. We went to the Caverns came back during a horrible rain storm to find our room leaking water from the ceiling. I went to the front office, mind you on stairs that the water from the roof drains on to - you can't help but getting soaked. I reported the leak and asked for another room. I was asked how bad the leak was - I said does it matter? Was given a choice of a smoking room - had to turn down for health. We dealt with it. Apparently large hail storm the night before caused roof damage. My take is these are new owners and they are trying to learn the business. Oh ceramic tile broken in bathroom as well. Bed ok, if half the price of the other hotels and not looking for anything nice/fancy would be ok - but if Best Western or Fairfield similar in price would stay there.

Room Tip: If you stay -stay on second floor quieter and no car headlights coming into your room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Place was very dated, but appeared clean enough. Make sure to bring all your toiletries, they have none. Don't expect much, a little overpriced for what you get. It's close to the caves if that is your stop and right off the Main Street.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank tamlovestravel
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Got stuck in Carlsbad broken down vehicle didn't have a place to stay found this hotel it was $80 plus for one night I definitely understand the economy there but I would never go back and visit the hotel again I have to say though the hotel room was clean bedding with clean everything is clean

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Priced right, $70. Could be a little cleaner. Make no mistake, this place is beat down. Old blankets and comforters, most of the reviews are spot on, I don't understand any of the glowing reviews, they must be fake. I asked for a iron and got probably the only one they had and no ironing board. This area Is crazy though, they jack up the prices so you would probably have to pay double to get a better room elsewhere. Bummer.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 8 May 2013

The hotel offers a restaurant and a dining place. Guests are served a complimentary breakfast along with their stay. Wireless Internet access is available in public areas. There is a business center on site.The 60+ guestrooms at The Metropole Hotel include air conditioning. Wireless high-speed Internet access is provided during conference and meetings. All units feature minibars and coffee/tea makers.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo