“Okay”

Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Carlsbad
Rochester, Minnesota, USA
“Okay”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

The first room we were given hadn't been cleaned so we had to go back to the desk and ask for a different room. Everything was clean and the beds were comfortable in our new room. The iron was dirty though and I was afraid it would leave marks on my clothes so was afraid to use it. The extra safety lock on the door was broken. Breakfast was good.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We took our Granddaughter on a last minute trip to Carlsbad Caverns. We typically stay at a Hilton property. I refused to pay almost $400.00 for a Hampton Inn in this sleepy little town. I choose the Days Inn as it was almost the only thing available and after all it was only one night. The rate was half of the Hampton Inn. This is an oil town and they know it and keep their rooms full so we shall pay way too much for every room in this town. What a shame for people like us that just want to visit Carlsbad Caverns. The facility is old and a bit tired. It definitely was NOT worth $189.00 per night but considering the area it was a good value for you money. It was clean for the most part and the bed was fairly comfortable. The night manager was creepy but we did not have to deal with him much. I probably wouldn't stay here again but if you are on a tight budget yes stay here.

1 Thank vacationsRme58
DIVYANG C, Manager at Days Inn Carlsbad, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Good morning, thank you for your feedback. We appreciate all feedback. The town in growing because of the oil boom and prices have gone up due to no availablity. We have never had any problems with our staff. Hope you give us another chance if you are ever in the area again!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Unfortunately I am not a contract worker. My husband and I came with our three kids from Texas on Hwy 285 to come see Carlsbad Caverns (a must on anyone's bucket list by the way!). The road was atrocious! It was dusty and full of 18 wheelers and industrial traffic. My van looked like it had been through the apocalypse! When we arrived I was looking forward to a clean, comfortable, relaxing room. Unfortunately they stuck us in the corner with all of the truckers we had been with on the road all day. I was so uncomfortable. The room itself was okay and I did sleep well, but the bathroom was the smallest one I ever saw. The girls at the desk were nice and the breakfast was okay. Unfortunately if I came to Carlsbad again I would look into Fairfield inn and suites near the Walmart.

Room Tip: If you do stay here I would recommend a room closer to the lobby/breakfast area.
White Pine, Tennessee, Usa
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We got a room at this hotel by accident. We don't usually stay at Days Inn's but the other hotels were full. This one was a pleasant surprise. The room was big, clean and the bed was so comfortable. The air conditioning worked great and we had a great night sleep. The hot breakfast was good. The girls at the desk gave us a good Mexican restaurant to eat at and it was great too! I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
DIVYANG C, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Carlsbad, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate and thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear that the staff was able to help you. If you are ever in the area we hope you choose Days Inn again!

-Janelle Laake, front office manager.
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We planned a trip to Carlsbad and made reservations at the Days Inn. We arrived on a Friday afternoon and when we got into the room we noticed that the carpet was dirty. It hadnt been vacuumed and there were crumbs on the floor. The following morning the maid knocked on the door at 8 am and I told her that we would be in the room until 10 am and then she could clean it. We left at 10 am and I talked to the maid and told her we would be leaving for the day. We returned at 8pm and saw that the room had not been cleaned. I went to the front desk and they gave me clean towels. The clerk said the maid had not cleaned the room because we were in the room until the afternoon. I would not recommend this motel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Carlsbad hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlsbad
Comfort Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites Carlsbad
La Quinta Inn & Suites Carlsbad
Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad
U.S. Travelers Inn & Suites

Been to Days Inn Carlsbad? Share your experiences!