“Ok”

Ranked #15 of 22 Hotels in Carlsbad
Lindon, Utah
“Ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Hotel is very old, but they have done some nice things to upgrade it. Rooms were small, bathroom was smaller.

Positive:
Sheets were clean & soft. Bedding was updated. They had put granite in the bathrooms, which was a nice touch. Walls were freshly painted & The room felt clean. Breakfast included a blueberry waffle, which was unique.

Negative:
Carpeting was worn. In the hallways, many of the tiles on the floor were loose or broken. Hotel price was better than other hotels, but I still thought it was pretty pricy for the type & condition of the property.

I've

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
praful07451, Manager at Super 8 Carlsbad, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. I deeply regret that our staff was unable to accommodate your needs and that you encountered housekeeping issues as well. I hope you'll change your mind about seeking other accommodations in the area and that you'll give us the opportunity to impress you with our continuous improvements.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
The Woodlands, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night while visiting Carlsbad Caverns. Picked it because of cost. The hotel seems a bit worn and in need of new carpet and updated bathrooms. Rooms and bathrooms were definitely on the small side. But our room was clean. Complimentary WiFi worked. Mini fridge and microwave was nice. Beds ok size, but not super comfortable. No elevator. Breakfast was free but only really consisted of pastries, waffles and cereal. No protein so we ate elsewhere. It's a no frills hotel for sure. I wouldn't necessarily choose to stay there again, but if I had to I could make do for a night.

Stayed August 2014
praful07451, Manager at Super 8 Carlsbad, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
I am glad that you found our rooms to be clean. However, I wish that your expectations had been exceeded in comfort, convenience, and quality amenities. We appreciate that you have taken the time to let us know how you perceived our accommodations. We hope to see you again someday and to transform your opinion of our hotel and service.

Travellers are raving about these Carlsbad hotels

Magnolia, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Prior to our vacation, I warned my family that we wouldn't be staying in a luxury hotel in Carlsbad. First of all, there are no luxury hotels and all of the hotels are overpriced due to the demand. A large area of southeastern NM and west TX is dominated by oilfield employees who need lodging. Like many travelers, we were there to tour the caves and sightsee, so I didn't expect to spend a lot of time in the hotel. I told them we would be staying at a cheap (low quality) no frills hotel. Unfortunately, my warnings were not enough and my family was disappointed.
First of all, the rooms are so small it is difficult to move around, not to mention, open our suitcases. This is an older hotel and it provides the bare minimum of accommodations and services to it's guests. Our beds were uncomfortable - one being rock hard and one much too soft. The breakfast consisted of a limited selection of fruit, cereal and waffles and beverages.
We were thankful our A/C was working, but it was difficult to maintain a consistent room temperature. It would get too cold and the only option was to shut it off. Then it was too hot, so we would turn it back on. Regarding the hotel staff, they were there for check in and check out, but other than that, they offer very little assistance.
It is expensive considering what it provided to the guests. This is my first stay at a Super 8, but I would consider it to be on the low end of Super 8 Motels. It would be shocking if this were the normal Super 8 experience.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mom23TeenBoys
praful07451, Manager at Super 8 Carlsbad, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
We appreciate the time you've taken to give us your thoughtful review. I am sorry to hear that you did not thoroughly enjoy the breakfast options, and I want to let you know that we take your suggestions to heart and are reconsidering to expand food choices. Your voice is very valuable to us and we hope you will return to experience the improvements that we are continuously making to improve upon the guest experience with every stay.
La Jolla, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

I stayed at Super 8 July 23, 2014. This is a typical motel out in Carlsbad. The price was right but most of the "price is right" motels are older. This one was an improvement over my last stay at the EconoLodge (yuck).
People at the Super 8 were friendly. Bed was a tad uncomfortable but this is a quiet town and at night even more quiet.
New hotels are being built. With the extraction services going on, the expensive hotels fill up quickly with the tourists and the workers stay in the motels.

Room Tip: I couldn't find the coffee maker in the room if there was one, so trips down to the lobby for co...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
praful07451, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Carlsbad, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We do our best to maintain our property in order to provide comfort and relaxation to our dear guests. It is our pleasure to provide you a great value stay that was worth the value you’ve paid for. We will consider your comments
Pembroke Pines, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

We booked a room here because we didn't want to spend $200-300 for a room elsewhere and the reviews appeared acceptable. Major mistake on my part. Although the hotel staff was neither friendly, nor unfriendly, the hotel was dirty and in need of major repair. Outside the room, tiles were broken and the hallway smelled like urine and stale smoke. Luckily, the room smelled a bit better, though well below standard. The carpet was stained in several different locations and in need of a good vacuum around all the edges. The mattresses were comfortable and probably new, but the blankets and duvet covers were well-stained. One of the electrical outlet covers was missing and an obvious safety hazard for my children. The bathroom towels were dirty and the sink had hair and dirt around the edges. I could go on, but enough said. It's the kind of place you keep your socks on. I will never stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Sara P
praful07451, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Carlsbad, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for bringing your thoughts and concern to our attention. We are deeply saddened with the very unlikely experience you had in our hotel. Your insight will be seriously taken and these issues will be immediately attended. Comments regarding cleanliness are our top priority and we will do our best to ensure that these will be handled differently in the future. We hope that we’ll have another opportunity to serve you much better should you decide to see again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carlsbad
Comfort Suites
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#1 of 3 in Whites City
Hampton Inn & Suites Carlsbad

Been to Super 8 Carlsbad? Share your experiences!