“Pho 32 & Shabu”

Cuisines: Japanese, Korean, Soups
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We went here twice because it was close to our hotel & every time we walked past, it was busy. The food was very good, served quickly and well-priced. Our bill was $35 one night, and $50 another. A glass of wine is $5.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

It's a pho restaurant in Korea Town with what I believe to be Korean owners (at least management is). So you can't really expect authentic pho. They don't even give you much basil or cilantro, and most of the time, you get only one or the other. I go there because it's easy, and I like the taste of the pho even if it isn't the "real deal". I also like the Shabu Shabu, but it's not legitimate Japanese style Shabu. The prices are a little bit higher than at a hole-in-the-wall Vietnamese restaurant.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I have been here three times because its the only location in midtown I know of that offers PHO that I like. Its not the very best but its quite good and not salty at all.
The last time I went I ordered the seafood Pho. I love shrimp so I was excited about this one, however when I got the soup I went to look for all the shrimp to realize I had 2 full shrimp, and one shrimp TAIL. I thought they may have cut it for another dish and it just got in there, so I called a waitress over so I can get my third shrimp. I showed her the tail (mind you this is like one minute after getting it), and she looks at me confused. I tell her I got only a shrimp tail..and after an awkward silence I continue with " can I have a full third shrimp?". She said "oh no, we dont give a set amount to each customer..". Silence. OK, now if you worked at a restaurant and you SERVED and shrimp tail vs. a whole shrimp, and a customer brought it up, what would you do??? She simply walked away and I looked at my husband completely floored, almost embrassesd for even bringing up my shrimp tail. That just really made me realize to them its money first, customer second. I wont go back. I recommending this place to many people but it only taks ONE stupid negative experience like this to really make me try another spot.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Pho 32 & Shabu is nestled in the crowded ktown street surrounded by dozens of other food establishments, but I find myself coming back to it more often than not. The food is solid - not spectacular, but the cost is more than reasonable for the area if you're looking for a sit-down restaurant.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My son rated the pho good, not great. Service was friendly. The seat I sat on had no stuffing in it so I perched on the edge. Prices were good and we got plenty of food.