“A nice cool place”
Review of The Ridge Hotel

The Ridge Hotel
Ranked #350 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 28 June 2013

I enjoyed my stay for four nights at this hotel. Nice, stylish, clean place with helpful staff and fast wireless. I took a queen size room with a really nice bathroom which had effective air con in the intense NY summer heat. Also the roof terrace is really beautiful. Worth noting that although there is great tea and coffee all day tthey don't do breakfast. I would go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank anna g

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I had booked one of this hotel's single rooms. The room was so small, smaller than indicated when I booked the room, that I had to remove one of the night stands from the room in order for my suitcase to fit in the room. To make matters worse, it was difficult to unpack it, as the tiniest of tiny wardrobes only fitted 4-5 hangers. When I asked at reception where I should leave my luggage, the only response I got was that they knew the room was very small and that I had to live with it. They suggested to bring more hangers, pretty useless, as the tiny wardrobe could only hold the 4-5 already in there. This hotel should really give more consideration to its guests, for example by providing some extra shelves so that one can actually unpack luggage. And why dark wooden panels on the walls, this makes the room optically even smaller!

On the plus side: I liked the wooden floors and the shower. The bed was not bad either, so I basically only used the room for sleeping. Nevertheless, definitely not an experience to repeat and not good value for money.

Room Tip: Don't trust the room sizes given. In reality they are much smaller and you also have to take int...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Lizzzzzzzzz
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at your hotel last July and I was recently reminded about my stay. This hotel is amazing, especially for those of us on a budget. We had such a pleasant stay, in a very clean, quiet, and beautiful room. We expected the room to be smaller, obviously because it is NYC, but it was very functional and exactly what we needed. I will definitely stay here again. LOVED IT!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Stayed here for 5 days in May. Reception staff were very friendly and the hotel had a very welcoming feel to it. Room was very small but adequate as sightseeing most of time. Tea and coffee available in basement as well as free internet access. A little noisy at night plus our room on 6th floor suffered from a noisy generator. However, overall very comfortable with good restaurants nearby and less hectic than Midtown Manhattan. Also pleasant roof terrace with good views. Would recommend to other travellers.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 May 2013

The room was small, however, the hotel is well kept, beautiful, worth every penny spent:) Our AC broke down and they fixed it immediately. Coffee was fantastic! Right next to the subway...we went to da Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn & Manhattan. Very nicely located.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janet K
Reviewed 10 May 2013

East Houton Hotel has small rooms with nice bath rooms, comfortable beds in a convenient location with a really nice rooftop bar/garden/balcony and free wifi. Can be a little bit nosy with the east houston street in front of the room but during the night is generally quite. Homepage better than the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Spent seven nights here in november 2012.
Great location, lots of great bars and restaurants in this area. 3 mins walk to the Metro.
good service at the front desk. Small rooms (like the rest of NY, i guess).
Glass wall between the hotelroom and the en-suite bathroom (!) did not leave anything private. I´m very happy this was not our first trip together, that would have been quite awkward.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple