“Go somewhere else”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Amazing 66 is a very populare Chinese restaurant located in Chinatown. Excellent and innovative dishes.
Dublin
“Go somewhere else”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I'm not normally negative but just give this restaurant a wide berth. We had travelled to New York with our three teenagers. I had been there the previous year and the food was totally underwhelming. When I came with my family I played safe and brought them here. The wait staff were sullen and couldnt wait till we left. Food was 'meh'

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank GerMat

Tucson, Arizona
“Great group restaurant”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Fourteen of us wandered in without a reservation and had a great meal. First off, no problem with a table for 14! The take of nine next to ours, filled with regulars, had lots of suggestions. We enjoyed the half duck, the Chinese fried chicken, braised chicken, broccoli, bok choi, a beef dish. Something for everyone. They have a few beers and a reasonable wine selection. If you are looking for a group experience in Chinatown, this is a decent choice.

• Visited September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“I don't get it”
Reviewed 15 September 2013

as we were out and about tonight, I looked to my Yelp app on my phone to help me find a place to eat in Chinatown and this place rated so highly- and on Zagat....doesn't that mean it is supposed to be fantastic?

Added to that, on our arrival the place both upstairs and downstairs was packed out with mostly Asian diners....surely that means it's going to be a memorable meal...well, think again!

We ordered two dishes....the chilli beef with orange sauce and the sizzling tofu, and we thought they were both ghastly.... the overly sticky sickly sweet orange sauce on the beef made me feel quite nauseous and the only thing sizzling about the sizzling tofu was the type of plate...as for the rest of it, the vegetables were soggy, the tofu tasteless and the whole dish was swathed in a thick unappealing cornflour based sauce...

It's quite put me off Chinese food in Chinatown, New York. we won't be going back to Mott Street if this is the type of food which is dished up.

Visited September 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Not much to recommend”
Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

I go along with the recent reviewers. Regrettably I found nothing much to commend this place. It was quite busy when we were in but quality of food was nothing special and I haven't been in-and-out of a restaurant as quickly as I was last night.

Visited September 2013
fort myers
“How did I get suckered into this place??”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I have no idea how this place gets a top spot on dining reservations/review sites, but I am not going to get sucked into the main stream Chinatown thing again. Get off the main drag (Mott) and find something else. Ask a local (not sure how that will go either since we had a difficult time communicating, but that's part of the charm!) for a recommendation. Maybe the hotel concierge, but even they can be biased towards either a tourist-appropriate place or somewhere they are getting something for their recommendation. Suffice it to say that even after asking the manager for recommendations, and getting exceedingly frustrated with the inability to communicate in English with him, we ended up with Szechuan chicken and Kung Pao shrimp. What?? In Chinatown? There were so many interesting things on the menu, like live eel, duck tongue and intestines that sounded adventurous, but we couldn't really get anyone to help us sort through the vast selections of what looked amazing. My 10-yr old's sesame chicken was pleasantly surprising in that it was mostly white meat, but it was so dry and over-fried that even the sauce it was drowned in couldn't help. Steamed dumplings were actually tasty and I didn't know that saki should be served in a bowl of hot water (which was a great way to keep it hot), but all in all, we were so let down by the uninspired service and lack of interest in making it anything but a quick in and out, that I don't remember much except the very large check. I really expect more from a $100 lunch!

• Visited August 2013