“Beware of your bill!!!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Amazing 66 is a very populare Chinese restaurant located in Chinatown. Excellent and innovative dishes.
Vineland, New Jersey
“Beware of your bill!!!”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Calculate your bill carefully. As the food was average and the server’s border lined rude, the really bad taste was in the billing. The food items charged seemed fine, however the total bill was not and reflected a 17% additional charge to the final total. Note: this was not a merchant imposed gratuity; we were only a party of 4 dining. It was simply added/incorporated with no justification. An additional tip was expected and I added 15% to the total bill. I normally tip at least 20% but somehow felt there was something wrong with the bill. I was tight for time and didn't revise the bill properly. I've called the restaurant several times on several occasions requesting to speak to a manager and have been hung up on. Requesting my credit card to retrieve the unauthorized tip is my only recourse.
Fool me once shame on you! You won't fool me twice as I will never visit this restaurant again!! There are many, many much better restaurants in the area.

Marlboro, New Jersey
“Good fried flounder”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

With so many places to choose from to eat in Chinatown, we stopped at Amazing 66, due to the Zagat reviews. I have 2 people in my family who love to order several meals to try. The fried flounder turned out to be the best item ordered. The other items ordered were, sesame chicken, 1/2 a duck, a noodle dish, and a dumpling soup, were average in terms of taste. We did not feel rushed and we were able to sit and relax and take our time.

new york
“Everyone was in Chinatown tonight”
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We could not get into our first choice, Greater NY Noodletown. We walked here and they managed crowd quickly. Good service. chow fun was goofy. Prawns with ginger and scallion was good and expensive. Do not tip on top of gratuity they added to our check anyway.

Dublin
“Go somewhere else”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I'm not normally negative but just give this restaurant a wide berth. We had travelled to New York with our three teenagers. I had been there the previous year and the food was totally underwhelming. When I came with my family I played safe and brought them here. The wait staff were sullen and couldnt wait till we left. Food was 'meh'

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank GerMat
Tucson, Arizona
“Great group restaurant”
Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

Fourteen of us wandered in without a reservation and had a great meal. First off, no problem with a table for 14! The take of nine next to ours, filled with regulars, had lots of suggestions. We enjoyed the half duck, the Chinese fried chicken, braised chicken, broccoli, bok choi, a beef dish. Something for everyone. They have a few beers and a reasonable wine selection. If you are looking for a group experience in Chinatown, this is a decent choice.

• Visited September 2013