“For the price-too much”
Review of Sala One Nine

Sala One Nine
Reserve with OpenTable
Sala One Nine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,581 of 14,008 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Between 5th and 6th Avenues
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, Q, R, W, & L trains at Union Square; F & V trains at 14th Street and 6th Avenue; 1, 2, and 3 trains at 14th & 7th Avenue.
Description: Sala One Nine offers a true and authentic Spanish culinary experience in a casual, friendly, and unpretentious setting. Come in and enjoy a few tapas and a glass of sangria with a friend at one of our two bars or invite 15 friends in for a specially coursed out and wine paired experience...From the business lunch to the special occasion with friends, we offer a warm and friendly experience and the very best of what Spain has to offer. Sala One Nine has live flamenco music and dance shows every Monday from 7:30pm-10pm. Sala One Nine is the only venue that offers live flamenco music and dance in New York City.
Reviewed 20 April 2013

The tapas were ok... Small pitcher of sangria... was $32. Service was good enough but menu selection was not. I had higher hopes but was disappointed. I do not think I will try this again. It is too bad because it is a nicely decorated place but unfortunately we can not eat that...

1  Thank rkounsny

Reviewed 7 December 2012

Walking down 19th street to go shopping at TJ Max on 6th Avenue when I noticed I was pretty hungry. My wife and her sister are like Spartans who never stop to eat and I was with them. Realizing that if I did not tell them I was starving we would never stop for lunch I just picked the next restaurant and said we should try it. They were dubious, but recognizing that I was being dragged with them to shop they decided to try it. The restaurant was Sala One-Nine and it was superb. They have a lunch special at $10 which is soup and 1/2 sandwich. We tried this. All of us had the lentil soup which was thick and delicious. My wife had the Vegetal Bocadillo which is Roasted portobello, roasted red pepper, empeltry olive and goat cheese. My sister-in-law and I had Pollo Braseado Bocadillo which is Grilled chicken, roasted vegetables and alioli. Everything was great. I even came back later for a nice glass of cabernet savignon when I could no longer figure out what to do while the others shopped. The lunchtime waiter remembvered me and pleasantly visited with me during his break. Enjoy. Here is the link http://www.salaonenine.net/

1  Thank bobba
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Food was good. Started with a traditional plate of chorizo, ham, manchego cheese etc. Then we had patatas bravas, meatballs and then the calamari. Everything was good, except the calamari was awful, Chewy and eek! Sauce was a great companion to dip crusty bread in.
Service--- Our bus boy was a nightmare. asked for clean plates and then he stood there waiting for me to finish my food so he can take my plate away. It was awkward and weird. ALso told the waiter to STOP sending out food so fast. It wasn't busy and tapas are meant to be enjoyed so we asked them to HAULT! and they did... overall been there quite a few times and it's a lovely atmoshphere . Food is delicious and will always go back.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

This place has a great happy hour and the tapas are delish. It is small and accomodating and the atmosphere is welcoming. The wait staff is pleasant and attentive. Sangria is tasty and inexpensive. Definitely a "come back" to place.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

Went here with my niece for her birthday to meet. Started off with a great Sangria. Had many tapas to try. The octopus was off the map; the others were fine too. Waiter service was pleasantly attentive. My niece said this is a hot place and seemed so. Good for a first date or a business meeting.