“Perfect place for a visit of NYC !”
Review of Chez Michelle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Chez Michelle
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Michelle is a lovely helpful French lady who gave us lots of tips for a visit of the city with authentic places to see. Her B&B is located in Harlem which is really worth the visit ! We stayed one week at Michelle's but would have loved to stay one month, we enjoyed every moment we spent there ; the comfortable clean bedroom, the interesting conversations with her and her other customers in French and in English during breakfasttime and the nice feeling of being "at home ".
We really recommend this adress.

Room Tip: Choose the bedroom with the bathroom so you don't have to wait in the mornig when you are impati...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Floch S

Reviewed 16 February 2011

If you're not looking for fancy hotels and don't mind spending 10 minutes on the subway to go downtown, I really recommend Michelle's b&b. Everything was clean and comfortable, the Internet was fast and the connection was really good, the breakfast was normal, but during the breakfast Michelle(the owner) made me company and gave me directions and tips of the best places to visit.
She helped me with my English difficulties and helped me finding the places I needed,even though I thought I'd never find my way through those subway lines.
The only problem, for me, was the heater. I don't know why it stopped working everyday about 11 pm and, as a Brazilian guy, sleeping on 20 Celsius is really cold for me. But it was not a real problem for me as Michelle gave me a lot of blankets.
I really recommend it. It's not a fancy hotel, but it's really worth the price and makes you feel like home.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
13  Thank LeonardoNeves
Reviewed 25 November 2010

We rented Apt3 at Michelle's Bed and Breakfast in early November for several of us because we wanted to stay in the heart of Harlem for it's rich culture, cuisine, jazz, tours, architecture, museums and churches.

When we arrived, Michelle greeted us so warmly and friendly at her beautiful brownstone building that we immediately felt at home. She provided us with coupons, information about the neigborhood, internet access, maps, directions, places to eat, jazz lounges and everything you can imagine.

The apartment was absolutely 'spotless', very spacious and was decorated in a modern, chic style with wonderful colors that gave it a warm and cozy feel. The pictures she has posted are exact so we were very, very pleased.

Staying at Michelle's was the 'very best decision' we could have made and the location was perfect as it allowed us to really explore Harlem on foot. The neigborhood is very safe and everyone we met as we walked along the many streets were very friendly and helpful in sharing their opinion of places to eat. Michelle's is located within walking distance of everything we were interested in. We walked to the Lenox Lounge, Sylvia's, the Apollo, Bill Clinton's office, Astor Row, Lenox Wines, several supermarkets, Jacob's Soul Food, various Italian and French restaurants, nearby Cafes and several historical churches. Getting to Times Square via subway or taxi took about 20 mins which was fast.

We had purchased tickets for the Harlem Art Crawl which was on Saturday in East Harlem and it was awesome. This was an exclusive guided trolley tour of the art galleries in Spanish harlem and included a reception, wine and entertainment.

I would definitely recommend Michelle's Bed and Breakfast if you truly want a taste of Central Harlem and I definitely plan to return.

Blessings to you Michelle for making our stay truly a home away from home!

Theresa in Chester, Va.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
7  Thank Prettydarnkool
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We chose this B&B based on your advice. I can only confirm this B&B has been a pearl for us (my wife and I).
A very low price for what she offers:
- Very Clean and quiet.
- Great extra value for free, like a computer and printer to print our tickets we bought online. Fridge.
- near the subway and buses
- Great advice without being invasive. She takes time for her guests. Ready to help/translate to solve the unexpected in your trip.
Just quoting her: 'I give to my guests what I would like to find for myself when I travel'
It's all about you and not the bussiness around it.
We know where we will stay next time in NY!! Hope you'll find something as good as this. Enjoy NY.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank vbreuck
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Clean, close to the Subway and cheap good restaurants. Michelle is very kind and helpful, she'll give you all the information for a better holiday in NY. Staying in this B&B you can discover the "real" Harlem!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank ask_david
Reviewed 29 March 2010

The perfect place to stay if you want to sleep in a quiet and cosy place after a day of visiting hectic NY ! Michelle is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are comfy, you feel just like at home. Very good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends