“Crab Lobster Cakes are Excellent”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 14,524 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$21 - US$80
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Lexington & Third Avenues
Transit: Grand Central Terminal: 4, 5, 6, 7 & S subways. Metro-North Railroad. Buses: M1, M2, M3, M4, M42, M98, M101, M 102, M104.
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. * If you are making a reservation from outside of the U.S., please email newyorktimelife@tcgdine.com
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Even if you just go to the bar and order them, these crab/lobster cakes are excellent. Everything else is top notch too.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stopped in on my birthday for one of their famous pineapple martinis. I love the dark and cozy feeling at Capital Grille. It is smaller than some of the other locations I've visited.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Here on business. Food average - not a great selection if you don't eat steak, so wouldn't be my restaurant of choice. Steaks were enjoyed by the rest of the party. But so noisy, couldn't hear the people across the table.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary at the The Capital Grille - New York City Chrysler Center on April 26th, 2014, and we couldn't have been more pleased with this restaurant; the location, impeccable, friendly service, ambiance, quality of the food..... all perfect. Our waiter greeted our party with complimentary champagne and a hand written card wishing my husband and I a Happy Anniversary; and he was so very patient with our children as they made their food selections. I would enthusiastically return to this restaurant any time and highly reccommend it to all my friends and colleauges.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The first thing I look for in a restaurant of this type is service, and it was very good. I went to this restaurant with a few of my colleagues. I had the demonico steak and others had salmon, and chicken cesar salads, along with the mash potatoes and steamed spinach. The mash was very good. Keep in mind that there are no sides that come with the meal. You must order the sides separately, which definitely adds to the final bill. Prior to the meal we had calamari and french onion soup. I didn't have the soup but was told that it was very good. The calamari wasn't my favorite but definitely good. The delmonico steak is delicious. Very well seasoned with some sort of balsamic vinaigrette that also has a mild sweet taste. The steak was huge and could definitely be shared. For dessert we all shared the coconut cream pie. I love traditional coconut cream pie. This was far from traditional and wasn't something I'd order again. All in all the service was good, the ambiance and the meal was very good. Not my favorite steak house but I left satisfied and full.

1  Thank Niecie718