“Hotel great, but New York itself....”

Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square
Ranked #234 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Having just arrived from the beautiful scenery and serenity of Alaska and Canada we were quite taken aback by the noisy concrete jungle that is New York. Thank heavens this hotel offered a haven from crowded streets. We were expecting a small room, but ours was quite ok, managing to fit in a double bed, recliner, table and chairs, a small kitchenette (very handy) and a decent bathroom. All very clean, and our fridge was replaced almost immediately when there was a problem. The view wasn't great, but our friends in a higher up room had a view of the Empire State Building. The free laundry was a welcome bonus. An Irish pub a couple of doors up was great for a drink and dinner, and also offered a good breakfast. Staff were friendly and helpful, and even went out of their way to find me some apples when I was feeling unwell on our day of departure. I am not sure that I want to visit New York again, but if I do I would stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view on a higher floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Teresa V, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Greetings from the Big Apple!! Thank you for your great review and we hope to see you again in the future! Safe Travels!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

The service was excellent! Especially Theresa and Carolyn at the front desk. In addition, Miguel was very good in servicing our room repair. I would recommend this place for vacationing to my family and friends.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hello from the Candlewood Family! Thank you for your great comments. We will definitely let our team know your kind words. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights vacation and I can honestly say that it is excellent value for money with great staff who did everything they could to make sure you enjoyed your stay, excellent facilities, clean, well equipped rooms and an excellent location for tourists - close to Times Square, Subway, first class restaurants etc.

Have stayed in Manhattan before at a hotel that cost far more and definitely did not compare to this hotel If I return to NYC I will definitely stay here.

Thanks for everything!

Room Tip: Request a quiet room as we did because, being NYC, there is a lot of traffic noise
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marie R

Greetings from NYC!! Thank you for the great feedback we appreciate your comments and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please let us know if ever back in the city!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed at the Candlewood Suites this past weekend, while I was in town for a conference that was taking place on 6th avenue/53rd Street. I was looking for a hotel with a good price and free wifi that was located close to the conference hotels since I had early morning sessions to attend. Candlewood gave me everything that I wanted and more. The hotel is located conveniently 3 blocks away from Times Square and Port Authority Bus Terminal. Minutes after I arrived in the city, I was at the hotel doors. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I arrived earlier than the check-in time and they immediately offered to hold my bags while I ran off to the conference for the day. When I finally checked into my room, I was happy to find that it was significantly larger than other hotel rooms in Manhattan that I have stayed in. The room included a queen size bed, desk and chair, leather sitting chair, and a kitchenette (with a fullsize fridge, sink, toaster, dishwasher, microwave, and plates and utensils). The bathroom was spacious; however, it did not lack counter space so I was not able to keep my toiletries in there. All of the spaces in the room were clean. One thing that I found peculiar about the hotel was the fact that it was also an extended stay hotel, so they did not clean the rooms every day unlike regular hotels. However, the staff told me that if I wanted fresh towels, sheets, or anything else, I could call the front desk and get them delivered to my room. I would definitely stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on the top floors for a good view of city.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank lat2001

Hi there! Thank you for your great review. We appreciate giving us your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found it convenient to your convention. We would be delighted to have you back and hope that you can tell your friends and family about us!! Safe Travels!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

A great hotel! We had an excellent stay here. The staff were polite and very helpful. The rooms were spacious for a NY hotel and the bed very comfortable. Only a short walk to Times Square. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katie A

Greetings from the Big Apple! Thank you for your great review. We hope to see you again in the future!!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

The location is perfect and near the Times Square. It's very convenient ! It's very quite and simple. It is close to many services and it has services. The staff is really friendly and it's worth a second visit ! I recommend everyone to come here and visit.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Gaida A

Hi from NYC! Thank you for your awesome feedback! We are so glad to here you found our location convenient. We hope that we can host your accommodation again in the future!

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Candle wood suits is a very good hotel located close to Times square , Empire state Bldg. , Macy's ( Shopping ) and sub ways and hop on hop off tourist buses start close by . Candle wood offered us a room similar to a small Studio with fully loaded kitchen and has a convenience store on the property . only sort coming no reasturant or breakfast available. but you have very good options available close by on the 8th Ave and the smae street. would recomend people for long stay . ( though the prices are high ) hotel also has a small gym and free laundry facilty .

Room Tip: go for the suit rooms on higher floor .
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are delighted to know that you found our hotel to be good. We would love to have you back with us in the future and we hope to see you again in the future!