“Perfect stay for the price ”

Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square
Ranked #237 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

Very clean and spacious room! I called ahead of time to see if we could get a room with 2 beds because I had two friends who decided to come with my fiance' and myself. They only have rooms with one bed per room, but I was told I could being an air mattress. Even with the air mattress, we still had plenty of room and couldn't believe how spacious the room was.

The hotel us in short walking distance to times square.. it us not right in the middle of times square but not too far from it. Since there is no housekeeping during the stay, we had to of course ask for new towels and wash clothes which was not a problem at all, they were delivered to the room shortly after I called. All of the staff were very helpful and friendly.

Although 7th Ave. and 57th- 59th street is my favorite area to stay, for the price of this room, I really couldn't beat the price BC the others, such as the Wellington, the Sheraton and Park Central which are all my favorites were way higher.

I would stay here again!

MonicaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2013

Greetings from New York City,

Thank you for your kind words. I am so happy you decided to choose our hotel accommodations during your trip to the city especially since you often stay with alternative choices. We look forward to your future stays with us and please contact us in advance. Happy and safe travels.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,900)

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I am a manual wheelchair user so this review is mainly from an accessible viewpoint. To begin with, I had no issues making a request for a wheelchair accessible room. My room had a roll in shower with the fold down bench. You have about 3'x5' area for the shower, with the bench on one end and the shower head on the other. This is normal for almost all the hotels I have stayed in, so no big surprise there. The bed was a little high for me to transfer to, but again, no big deal. The bed itself was quite soft and comfortable and I was very pleased (compared to other hotel beds). The staff was also very friendly, so I will look at staying here again for my next trip to NYC. Also, the hotel was close enough to several attractions that I could easily push to/from them.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Greetings from your home away from home,

Thank you for your kind words; we appreciate you taking the opportunity to share your feedback with our traveler community. I am glad we were able to accommodate you during your visit to the city and we hope to do so many more times. Please feel free to contact me directly at Monica.Narvaez@hhmlp.com on your next trip in, it would be my greatest pleasure to assist. Happy and Safe Travels.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

It is close to the subway. Request a room on a higher floor which makes for a very quiet night. My room was on the 24th floor and next to the elevator and I had no issues. The rooms are not large but comfortable enough and the front desk is helpful and always available. I would recommend this hotel for anyone, except families with young children as there is no restaurant on-site (but there is a small 24 hr shop in the lobby).

I would stay here again - it's close to the Broadway & Times Square but far enough that you're not in the thick of things.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from the Big Apple,

Thank you for your recommendations and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am happy you enjoyed our accommodations and our staff was able to make a memorable impression. We look forward to your next trip in! Thank you and hope you have a wonderful week.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Having read the reviews after booking we were not expecting too much. However the welcome we received on arrival from Allyson was great and much appreciated. The rooms we were allocated were on 25th floor but as I do not like heights that much (silly as we were in NYC) the rooms were changed. The rooms were clean and presented well everything being explained on check in regarding cleaning etc. comfy beds kitchen and nice bathroom what more could you ask for in this city. Coffee on tap yes that was a bonus when my clock was still on UK time We have stayed in NYC many times normally in another apartment at Rockefeller centre, but priced themselves out however the Candlewood Suites were well above their standards. The only thing we would have liked would have been twin beds as we had our older son and daughter with us they were unable to share just a minor issue the girls had a nice tidy room while the boys had theirs a mess. We will be back. Thank you for a great stay and would recommend you anytime.

Room Tip: Apparently the views on hire floors were great
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Greetings from your New York City Family,

Thank you for your recognition and praise; we are humbled by your kind words. I am happy our staff provided you and your family with the best possible service and we were able to accommodate you on a room just a bit lower than the 25th floor. Thank you once more and we look forward to your future stays.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were very pleased with our stay at Candlewood Suites.

The hotel is clean from top to bottom. The rooms include a small dining table and kitchenette (fridge, dishwasher, sink, toaster, microwave, coffee maker, dishes and cutlery). On our first night in town we bought some breakfast items around the corner from the hotel so that we could have our breakfast in bed every morning. Coffee is always free in the lobby. Housekeeping is not done everyday but it is very easy to get new towels or anything else you need. There are also free laundry facilities in the basement.

The best part of this hotel is the location. You are a quick walk from Times Square, only one block from the Subway (!), and steps to Hell's Kitchen (and since you have a fridge in your room you can bring home the leftovers). Despite being so close to everything, the hotel is super calm and quiet.

Fantastic stay, wish I could come back more often.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HighStandardsYYZ

Greetings from the City that Never Sleeps,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and with our traveler community. I am sure many will benefit from your comments; it will help them choose the best accommodations suited for their travel needs. I am glad we were able to make a lasting impression and please try to visit us soon! Happy Travels

Reviewed 3 September 2013

First class accommodation just a short walk to Times Square and some vey good shopping. The suites are well prepared with a small kitchenette and an excellent and comfortable bed. The staff are very friendly and happy to assist you with anything. Would reccomend any one coming to the big apple to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jim P

Greetings from your NYC family,

Thank you for your generous feedback and recommendations. We are happy to read your stay did not only meet your expectations but exceeded them. We certainly look forward to your next trip to your home and please do not forget to contact us in advance. Until next time.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

My wife and I spent 12 nights in this establishment. We were on holiday as well as working 5 days at the New York Now gift show. It is extremely conveniently situated and had everything that we needed for our stay. A highlight was the laundry room, where all we needed to supply was the detergent, the rest was all there for our convenience. After spending hours on the rather smelly streets of Manhattan it was a pleasure to walk into the reception where they had a scented vapourizer that made the area seem to be in a different world.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

Greetings from the Big Apple,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are happy we were your oasis in the city! Our location is ideal and close to the Javits center. On your next trip to the Big Apple don’t forget to contact us in advance, we would certainly look forward to your arrival.