Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$205
US$195
Room Mate Hotels
  • Pool
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$157
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$220
US$198
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$182
US$148
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$382
US$350
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$223
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Soho Grand Hotel(New York City)
US$353
US$333
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$377
US$250
Official Site
  • Room Service
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$324
US$299
Agoda.com
1,931 results
All reviewsfree laundrytimes squareport authorityfull size refrigeratornew yorkfridge freezeran extended staylaundry roomsmall kitchenfresh towelspenn stationfew blockscoffee makerthe empire state buildingqueen bedwould definitely stay here againaround the corner
Reviewed 11 December 2013

I am big on service and unfortunately the Candlewood Suites did not live up to my expectations.

I had requested early check-in so we came to check-in at 12 P.M. We were told by the first person we spoke with there was not one room available for us to get ready in for a meeting we had at 3, although we had asked prior to be early check-in (no one had explained when I requested that this was not a guarantee, I didn't find that out until we were on site). So there was not one room. Not one. In a hotel with hundreds of rooms where people check-out before 12. Somehow I find this implausible. Not to mention he didn't even LOOK in the computer or try to be accommodating and see if he could find one. He just told us to sit and wait. So we waited until 1:30 at a local pub, came back and spoke to a different woman at the desk who seemed to be much more accommodating and willing to do her job. She asked them to find a room in the hotel and SURPRISE! Magically there was one. Maybe that hour made a difference or maybe the first guy was just lazy. I am betting on the latter.

The hotel itself was pretty standard. It was clean, hallways were kind of narrow and a bit dark, walls were thin and I could hear the people next to me but it wasn't very costly for NYC so you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
MonicaNarvaez, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Greetings from NYC,

First and foremost I would like to thank you for taking the opportunity to share your most recent stay with us. I would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you might have encountered. We do try our best to accommodate our guest request as much as possible. In addition we always strive to make each of our guest stay as flawless and memorable as possible. I am sorry we could not accommodate you when you first arrived at noon, but a I am happy that the second time you stopped by we immediately got you checked in. Thank you again for your time and I look forward to your return. Please do not hesitate in contacting us in advance on your next booking. We wish you a wonderful and healthy holiday.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

The best that can be said for this Hotel is Location - Location - Location!
We've stayed here four times.
The hotel is located within walking distance of the Port Authority Bus Terminal which is a major subway hub to all locations of the City. The Candlewood is also within walking distance of 9th Ave. which has a multitude of GOOD restaurants of all price ranges, and a number of small grocery stores which offer a variety of food choices for those desiring to "dine in" for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The Candlewood is also within easy walking distance of many Broadway Theatres. We look forward to returning to this gem.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank John E

Greetings from your NYC Family,

Thank you so much for your continued loyalty, I am honored to hear that after your 4th trip to our city you continue to choose our location as your accommodation of choice. We strive to make each of our guest experience unforgettable. Thank you for your time and we wish you a wonderful holiday with your loved ones. We hope to see you soon in your second home.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We have recently returned from a four night holiday,a very nice place to stay with very pleasant staff,good size clean rooms with kitchenette and good shower.I had e mailed asking for a room with a view which we got from the 23rd floor,a nice touch was the anniversary card left in our room.I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and if i return to NYC would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paul1d

Congratulations on your anniversary and thank you for choosing us as your accommodation of choice while visiting the big apple. I am delighted to hear your trip to our city was memorable and our staff really went above and beyond to make your stay special. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to your return. Happy and Healthy Holidays!

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed 3 nights with my son. We were on a budget and this hotel exceeded all expectations. Only problem wasI requested twin beds but on arrival was told hotel only has queen sized beds which was a shame and camp beds not allowed but bed big enough to make do for short stays. Room spotless, a good size, complementary coffee and popcorn in kitchenette which Had a coffee machine,microwave, stove, fridge freezer, dishwasher. There was an iron and ironing board in wardrobe. The bathroom had a bath with overhead shower no probs with temperature settings. Hair dryer was great better than most hotels I have stayed in. The staff were really friendly and helpful we're very apologetic about the bed situation and we were given a larger room. I have a poor sense of direction but this hotel is in a great location, easy to find and you can walk to most places. Although we were very close to Times Square the room was sound proofed and our room was on 31st floor so was quiet. The hotel has a complementary gym(but walking in NYC do you need one!!) there is also a complementary laundry room. I would really recommend this hotel but be aware of bed situation.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor for quietness
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank juliepooleleeds

Greetings from the city that never sleeps,

Thanks for your wonderful review I am happy your stay with us exceeded all your expectations. This is exactly what we strive for with every guest but most importantly that they feel safe and at home. We look forward to your return and thank you once more for your recommendations to our traveler community. Happy Holidays.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We recently stayed at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square for 5 nights. We were so pleased with the room and especially the professional manner, courtesy and helpfulness of everyone at the hotel. Kathy greeted us at the front desk on Saturday, Nov. 30 with a smile and was so helpful because we were early and gave us plenty of information to help us get started on our visit to NYC. The bellmen were all very helpful. When we inquired about getting to the airport at the end of our trip, they helped to set up car service and were very reassuring about everything. The room was very clean, comfortable and having the breakfast bag in the morning as well as a kitchenette area made for a nice leisurely start to each day. Housekeeping staff was very friendly also though we didn't need their services on this trip. We felt safe in the area and it was so convenient to bus tours, Times Square, mass transit of all types. Thank you Candlewood staff for a great visit to "The Big Apple". It was my husband's first time in NYC and he loved it.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a view and less street noise.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Happy Holidays from the Candlewood Suites in Times Square Family! Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad our staff made such a positive impact on your overall stay and both you and your husband loved your trip to our city. We look forward to seeing you soon and please contact us in advance. Happy and safe travels.