Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square
Ranked #214 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Bermuda
“Pleasant”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My first thought staying in New York was a back in back out room. I would say the room was a decent size for New York. It had a bit if space but for me it was just about some where to rest my head. I found the front desk staff very helpful and friendly. I called for more pillows and after 20 mins the front desk called me to make sure I received them which I did. The room was clean, if your looking for a glitz and glamor hotel than this isn't for you but if your looking for somewhere simple to stay, comfortable, and lots in the area then this hotel is great. I would stay here again...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank bluetopaz60
Teresa V, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Hello from our family at the Candlewood Suites Times Square! Thank you for your review as we appreciate your feedback about your experience with us. We are so happy to hear that you found our rooms spacious and our staff friendly. We always strive to make our guests feel as though they are at home. Again, we thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Teresa Valenzuela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My trip is still to come and I'm very hopeful I can leave a great review as I typically love Candlewood and I know this location is great. But be careful making your reservation!

I originally made a reservation for seven nights and got a decent price; I was happy with the experience. Then I decided to extend my stay and add another night at the front of the trip. (Decided to cancel my other, much cheaper reservation at a different hotel for that night and pay the extra to not have to move hotels.) When I called to add one night, I was on the phone for OVER AN HOUR. The reservation was changed incorrectly multiple times, and for one night (approx cost $250), my total went up $500. The gentleman I was talking to transferred me and put me on hold several times. One person blamed another. It was a disaster, and at one point they even had the incorrect days, having me booked for a night after I would be flying out! Eventually they told me to call back the next day when a manager might be around. So I was left without my complete reservation. Dealt with Guest Services a couple times as well. (Taking another 45+ minutes on the phone.) Then I had to wait yet again to be contacted by the hotel again. I probably should have just kept my original reservation at the other hotel.

I asked if I could be compensated at all with any kind of discount or a nicer room or ANYTHING for all the mistakes that were made on their end, costing me a lot of time and hassle and headache. I was told they could not do anything. I was quite surprised. So finally I asked if someone would at least apologize and acknowledge that it was CRAZY that it took that much time and that many phone calls to add one lousy night. :) The last person I talked to at Guest Services did apologize.

I'm hopeful the actual reservation will be correct and that I can leave a great review next week!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HillysHoney
Greetings from the Candlewood Suites Times Square Family. We appreciate your feedback about your reservation experience. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and would like an opportunity to speak to you about this. We appreciate you choosing our brand and we hope that we can turn this into a great experience for you. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you,

Teresa Valenzuela
Front Office Manager
212-967-2254
Teresa.Valenzuela@hhmlp.com
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Many amenities for a long term stay including a dishwasher, microwave and even food storage containers and various utensils, and even free laundry facilities. Hotel was very strict about 3 pm check in time.

Proximity to 42nd St Port Authority and Penn Station makes it convenient for travelling out of NYC.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank FoodHunting
MonicaNarvaez, Front Office Supervisor at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. Our location is amazing and close to many attractions and restaurants. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to the city.

Lawrencetown, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

All Candlewood are consistent. So no major surprises here either. But, for what you pay it is reasonable to expect and receive more. The business center (?) consists of one ancient computer with a built in printer plunked down in the center of the lobby. Like all Candlewood, the business center here was broken. The free Wi-Fi service was barely better than dial up with a poor signal quality. The front desk will not allow you to check in before 3pm, but, on the departure day all the staff seem dedicated towards driving you out before the noon deadline. Housekeeping has an unacceptably bad habit of not knocking before barging into your room for no real reason whatsoever. Ask any staff member for anything or to do anything and they let you know what a huge favor they are doing for you. Attitude is a huge issue. Ask to speak to the manager and they will tell you that the manager is not available. Yes, all the staff are always sorry about the lack of and quality of service, but do nothing to fix it. Like all Candlewoods, the place was clean and everything was there as advertised, but, I expected more. Will I come back again?? Probably. Would I recommend it to someone else?? Only with many caveats.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Carlo S
Hello and thank you for your feedback,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you might have encountered throughout your stay. We will take your comments into consideration to improve our services and accommodations. Please feel free to contact a manager on duty to further discuss your experience. Happy and safe travels in the future.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Our room was very pleasant. The hotel staff responded right away when our ice maker wasn't functioning and our bathroom sink was clogged. A maintenance man came immediately and fixed both issues. The location was within walking distance to everything we wanted to see. The only issue we had was when we called the front desk to arrange for a taxi to the airport. The hotel staff misinformed the taxi driver about which airport we needed to go to. Luckily, we left early enough that we didn't miss our flight, but the taxi driver was not happy about the additional time spent in traffic headed to the wrong airport. Overall, the hotel was very nice other than that hiccup.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator.
Green Features: I like that they don't clean the rooms everyday. Less towels and sheets to wash.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Katie N
MonicaNarvaez, Front Office Supervisor at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Greetings from NYC!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience without traveler community. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconveniences you might have encountered. I am glad you arrived on time for your flight. Please feel free to contact me in advance on your next trip to the big apple. I would like to arrange something special for your arrival.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The room was perfect and well sized, bed was comfy and slept well for the whole stay, no noise coming from the street, very quiet, Clean bathroom, clean room, clean hotel. Great location. Service and staff were great and very helpful, they never stop smiling and give 200% of their effort to make sure that everything is alright. Overall, everything is perfect. Special shoutout to RONNIE and CARLOS.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Greetings from your home away from home and thank you for your amazing feedback. We always strive for perfection and I am glad your stay exceeded all of your expectations. We like to treat our guest as family and are always willing to assist with any inquiry. We look forward to your return and please e-mail me in advance.

New York
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The Hotel was perfect for Sightseeing NY. 2 Blocks from Time Square and Port Authority but we did not here the noise. The staff are very friendly and the rooms are nice but not luxurious. We had a kitchenette inside and unfortunately the refrigerator was very loud at night. However, we recommend the hotel and we would stay there again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us on your most recent stay. I am glad you will be choosing us in the future for many more adventures in the city. Don’t hesitate in contacting us in advance and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!