“EXCELLENT loved it.”

Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square
Ranked #233 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 30 April 2010

This hotel was one of the best hotels I stayed in during my 3 week holiday.
It was very clean, the room size was good,and the staff were nice and friendly.
I would book this hotel again for my next visit to new york,it was so close to every thing and getting around was really easy.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sas77london
FDManger, Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2010

Its a pleasure to know that you enjoyed your stay, and our staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next holiday. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

NWB
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 24 April 2010

We stayed at this hotel for three nights and were very pleased with it. Good inexpensive places where you can eat around this place; close to the bus station, to Times Square, to Madison Square Garden, to 34th. Street, etc.
It looks brand new. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank golflover26
Reviewed 22 April 2010

This hotel has a great staff,is centrally located and 9th Avenue is my favorite place in NYC to find good inexpensive food. Just head uptown from this hotel.
The street it's on is not very nice but if you get it for a good price like I did,$99, I'll take it. The hotel is new so it's clean and you can cook in your room. The rooms are very large and I found it very quiet. Oh, and they don't charge for internet service!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank excitingadventure
Reviewed 19 April 2010

My husband and I both found the Candlewood Suites to be a great hotel at a great value. The rooms are very CLEAN, new, and quiet, which is hard to find in the city. Rooms aren't huge, but perfect for our stay. The kitchen area was a great amenity, and we also took advantage of the workout area (very basic but clean,. updated, and functional) and wireless in-room internet. Location isn't in the heart of times square and it is a few blocks from the subway, but easily walkable. Its hard to find a hotel this clean and confortable under $150 in manhattan We would definately stay again!

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank NYTravelGrl23
Reviewed 17 April 2010

I checked in at night, the reception was well staffed, and the receptionist was very helpful. My room was very clean, had a small kitchen. The rooms are very new and modern. Given it is Manhattan, the size of rooms are small.

It appears that same owners have 3 properties next to each other of IHG (One is Holidayinn Express, I don't know the other one).

I was in NY to attend a trade show at the Javit Center, which is about 7 - 10 mins walk. Also outside the hotel was a street side market of antiques on the day I was staying. There are a couple dining options around the hotel. I ordered Indian food be delivered to my hotel room, and the hotel did not have a problem with that.

Free wifi is always good and helpful. The price was also very good for a NY hotel.

All in all, excellent. I would come here again definitely.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank TheGlobalIndian
candleTS, General Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our NEW Candlewood Suites - Times Square. We are very proud to have guests such as yourself who have had positive experiences in our property. We are glad to know that you not only enjoyed your accomodations, but you were able to experience a good amount of the city while you were here. Our relationship with the Javitz Center is very important to us and hope that reviews such as yours will influence other guests to experience what our Candlewood has to offer.

We look forward to having you in the near future.

HN

Reviewed 12 April 2010

Cleanliness: Clean room, but unfortunately some towels had stains. We called front desk, and they were up in no time with more towels, but unfortunately, some of those towels also had stains on them. They really should have looked over the towels before bringing more with stains. Otherwise, extremely pleased that the recliner and chair were not made of fabric.
Location:
Not bad. Our room faced southwest, so we saw the New Yorker sign above one building and a portion of the harbor. We were able to walk to Times Square (there is no view of it from hotel) and to the Cirlce Line dock at 42nd street for the 3-hr cruise.
We had advanced reservations and paid half the price of the hotel we stayed at the day before. This room has a kitchenette, the other hotel didn't. The square footage of this hotel was smaller and the bed was only a queen, not king.
Room
The only towel rack was in the shower area; they should consider putting one near sink.
Very little counter space around the sink. Perhaps they should put a ledge above the counter to accomodate items.
Work-out room was small and in basement.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank integrity8
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Located 3 streets from 42nd Street - a 3 minute walk to Time Square and a room with everything a traveller needs ... what isn't to love about this place?
I'm actually worried that once I tell all my friends and everyone else on trip advisor that I'll struggle to get a room should I ever get back to New York on vacation.

The rooms are large for NYC, have a kitchen with a fridge/freezer and microwave and a bed that is great to sleep in. We had zero traffic noise even on the 4th floor! the TV was HD - which was the only gripe with the signal sometimes being corrupted.

Bathroom has enough space and importantly light to shave properly and the shower was effective.

Room was spotless lobby and elevators too. All in all I couldn't believe our luck landing ourselves in this hotel.

Because it's a candlewood suites there's no day to day housekeeping - rooms are serviced once a week. But all you need to do is hang up your towels and pull your bed covers up and what's the difference! The Staff were brilliant and helpful and really compared to so many staff at other hotels over the year I would commend them all.

The A/C could be a little loud at night but we just turned it off and the room was fine for temp.

All in all I'd recommend this place to everyone and anyone - it's not trying to be 5 star - it's trying to give you the best value for you money and really you CAN'T beat it. When I come back to NYC and want to stay somewhere central there is one hotel which will be my number one choice!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RockFire
candleTS, General Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2010

First allow us to thank you for choosing our property for your most recent travels. We are very happy to know that you had a pleasant experience. As you probably experienced yourself while booking, the Candlewood Suites is new to New York City and a good amount of travelers are not familiar with the product nor the concept of a Candlewood. We are very proud of our property and strive to provide all of our guests with exemplary service and a home away from home in the worlds most exciting city. We hope that you continue to choose us for your future travels and hope that your comments have influenced others to experience what the Candlewood Suites has to offer.