“This hotel was very close to our NY Office, so convenience...” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Henri, A Wyndham Hotel

Hotel Henri, A Wyndham Hotel
Ranked #278 of 467 Hotels in New York City

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

22 year old female to put things in perspective.

Overall, my experience at the Wyndham Garden Hotel was pretty relaxing. This is my second time staying here and it's been a good one. Granted, you'll barely be in the actual hotel as much if you're actually there to see the city but once you've returned, front desk greets you pleasantly, your bed, bathroom, entire room is nicely done again (great housekeeping, leave them a good tip), the Tre Stelle restaurant wasn't too bad. Have I had better food? Of course. Was it horrible? Not at all and they gave us (me and my boyfriend) 20%, so who could really complain. The service was great, the food was cooked well and filling. No complaints there. One suggestion I would have is to have a complimentary breakfast as opposed to actually buying it. Not to be rude, but I can find better breakfast foods for the same or even less than what they could charge. It wasn't an arm or a leg but I personally require more. I know last year that I was there, there was construction going on to spruce it up and it showed this year. The one thing I definitely recognized was how fast the elevator was this time. It took forever last year and I stayed on the 3rd floor whereas this year, I was on the 16th and it was zipping through; I loved it. Not loud or crazy in the hotel either, very quiet and relaxed. I never had time to check out their extra amenities like the fitness center, because let's fact it, I went on vacation to explore, not workout. Haha. I have no issues with the place. Great stay, great price and it's SO convenient to everything. The Empire State Building and the Flatiron Building are in view just a block away. If you care to walk, Times Square is just a 10, 15 minute walk; if not, the subway line is a five minute walk down the block as well. You won't have a dull moment and if you're ready to go back home, you'll be there in no time. I'd recommend this place to anyone. (:

Room Tip: Higher floor much quieter, less populated, hardly ever heard the elevator stopping there if not for...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Carlton Y, General Manager at Hotel Henri, A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for your detailed and informative review. We are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. Our team works tremendously hard to make sure your stay is enjoyable as possible. I appreciate your loyalty and we are excited to hear that we delivered on your expectations. Our restaurant Tre Stelle is under new management and appreciate the feedback we gain from our guests. I hope to welcome you again soon!

Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Very courteous and helpful front desk personnel. Great location in the Chelsea section of Manhattan. The room is advertised as spacious but it was extremely small, the king size bed filled most of the room, half the small free standing closet was taken up by the iron and ironing board, and there was no dresser with drawers for clothes. We dressed out of the suitcase. Would not recommend breakfast at the Tre Stella next door. There are very good breakfast restaurants nearby. Still a very nice little hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a dresser with drawers.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad our service ambassadors were helpful throughout your visit. Our guest rooms are approximately 220 Square feet, which are quite similar in size to hotels with our star rating. We do offer upgraded suites based upon availability at an additional fee. I appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you again during your next visit to try our larger rooms.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

we stayed at Wyndham GHM, Chelsea West for a week and we would stay there again. the room is just the right size, the staff professional and kind,, the location is excellent (close to downtown, uptown, subway...). the air condition/heating of the room is a bit noisy (difficult to sleep with AC on during the night). it should be mentioned also that the elevators are noisy and rooms are not enough soundproofed (you can hear the elevator and the neighbours). but as we are not much time in room when in NYC, that does not disturb us. the bed is big and very comfort, so the sleep is good which is the most important for us. also the price of the hotel is appropriate. overall experience is very good, we would recommend the hotel to other travellers.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your recent experience of your stay. I am happy to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed our central location. I apologize for any noise disturbances you may have encountered. I appreciate your insight and will address your concerns with our maintenance team. Our service ambassadors aim to provide professional and reliable service. Our team will be most honored to hear your positive feedback. I hope can host your future stays in New York City at the Wyndham Garden Chelsea Hotel.

Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

hotel overall was great...great value, great service, great rooms and great location.
we checked in early; however, our room was not yet available. the staff checked our luggage for the day and called us when our room was ready.
staff were sincerely interested in our visit to nyc snd offered many suggestions for dining based in my vegan lifestyle!
room was clean and quiet and just enough space.
will go back without a doubt, as well, will recommend it to others.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank ginja76
Carlton Y, General Manager at Hotel Henri, A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for your outstanding review of your recent stay. We value your comments about our friendly and helpful team. Our service ambassadors work very hard to ensure each and every guest has an enjoyable stay. I am glad our team left a memorable impression and were able to provide helpful suggestions. I will be sure to share your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.