“Great location, excellent staff”

Hotel Henri, A Wyndham Hotel
Ranked #285 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Istanbul, Turkey
“Great location, excellent staff”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel first in the end of May 2014 for two nights and then again in the beginning of June for about a week. The location of the hotel is excellent, possibly the best in NYC. It is within walking distance to pretty much anywhere in Lower Manhattan and the subway stations are just around the corner. Penn Station is like two stations away, and you can go anywhere you like from there. We went to Boston and Philadelphia by Amtrak and it took us about 10 minutes to get to the hotel. Had we stayed somewhere in the Upper West or East Side, we would have had to change trains and it might have taken longer. You can also go directly to New Jersey (Hoboken, Jersey City) as well as other boroughs like Brooklyn, Queens, and the Bronx without changing trains. The ferry to Staten Island is only a few stations away; you can even walk there if you like. There are lots of restaurants and eateries around the hotel as well as numerous 24-hour convenience stores, all within walking distance.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted warmly and check-in was easy and quick. Also, as per our request, we were given a room on a higher floor, which was very nice. All the staff were super friendly, helpful, and professional. We would like to thank Lisa Famularo who was quick to respond to our questions via email before we booked. We had a small problem with our luggage during our first checkout, and Mr Raj at the front desk personally handled the matter and solved the problem. Lizette is one of the friendliest hotel staff we have ever met. She was very helpful and gave us great advice on how to get to New Jersey and what places to visit. Unfortunately, my wife had trouble getting online with her iPad the second time we were at the hotel. Although everyone in the staff did their best to solve the problem, she was unable to connect during her stay. It was a little frustrating, considering it worked everywhere else except for the hotel. Lisa was kind enough to offer us a free breakfast to compensate for the trouble. The staff also booked a car for us to the airport, so transfer to JFK was quick and easy.

The rooms are small but very clean and well serviced. If you want to stay in downtown NYC as a tourist with a clean and safe place to sleep, this hotel would be a great choice. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Carlton Y, General Manager at Hotel Henri, A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Wyndham Garden in Chelsea. I am ecstatic to hear your feedback. I am glad our location was favorable and it is excellent you were able to visit Boston, Philadelphia, and New Jersey easily. Our guest service ambassadors are delighted to hear your compliments. Lisa, Raj, and Lizette are integral members of our guest service team. Our service ambassadors make it a personal goal to ensure your visit is memorable. I am extremely happy to hear our team made a lasting impression during your stay. I do apologize for the difficulty your wife experienced with wifi connection. Your concerns have been shared with our maintenance team to improve on our services. I look forward to meeting you on your next trip to New York City.

Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan Chelsea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
New York
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This was my third stay at this hotel. As before, it met my requirements for cleanliness, staff efficiency, and location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Carlton Y, General Manager at Hotel Henri, A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you very much for choosing the Wyndham Garden in Chelsea for your lodging needs. I am honored to be considered as your preferred hotel in New York City. I am glad we consistently meet your satisfaction levels and look forward to exceeding them on your future visits. Please contact us directly to reserve your next business trip.

Sayreville, New Jersey
Reviewed 10 June 2014

we recently stayed here for the third time in as many years,and allthough we always enjoyed our stays,this time the front desk people were very,very courteous and helpful.thank you raj you made use feel like vips,and tie, our conversations were warm and genuine. i would definetly stay here again,and recommend your hotel to other people.

Room Tip: ask for a room located in the rear of the hotel,they seem a little quieter
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your amazing review of the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Chelsea. I appreciate your loyalty and it is a joy to hear that all your stays have always been pleasant. Raj and Tiesha are integral members of our guest service team as they strive to ensure our guests are enjoying their visit. Our team were exceptionally delighted to hear your compliments. I hope you had a great time at the Big Apple Barbeque! I look forward to welcoming you again next year and for all your future trips to New York City.

New York
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Overall, this is a great place to stay. The rooms are a little small, but it was very clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfy and everything in the room worked very well and was clean. The staff was fantastic! I asked about a shuttle to the airport, and they booked the reservation for me. They also held my luggage for me the last day until I flew out so I didn't have to lug it around with me at a conference. Very centrally located to many restaurants, a small park and the subway. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Carlton Y, General Manager at Hotel Henri, A Wyndham Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your outstanding review of the Wyndham Garden Hotel in Chelsea. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments will be shared with our service ambassadors as they were delighted to host your visit. I am happy to hear our beds and location were favorable to you. We also offer a full service Italian restaurant, Tre Stelle, for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and features a great happy hour between 5PM-8PM. The High Line and Eataly are some of our favorite nearby attractions. I hope you will consider us again for your business trip to New York City.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The Wyndham Garden Hotel provided excellent service during my recent stay. The staff is very professional, friendly, and helpful. They offered us a checkout time an hour later than normal when we mentioned a tight time-frame issue. And when a piece of my luggage was accidently damaged in storage, the hotel manager made it right in a friendly and curtious manner. When we had any questions, the staff was usually able to provide us helpful information. The location is excellent...close to the subway; a wonderful, reasonably-priced cafe with excellent food; a CVS pharmacy; many other shops and restaurants; and only a mile or so from the Chelsea Piers. If I go back to NYC, I would definitely stay at Wyndham Garden Hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience. I am delighted we exceeded your service expectations and appreciate your kind words towards our team. It is important to our service ambassadors to ensure your visit is stress-free so trip becomes a treat rather than a chore. I appreciate your understanding and am glad we were able to find an appropriate solution. Please contact me directly on your next trip to New York City so I may ensure your satisfaction once again.