“Stayed at the Wyndham Garden Chelsea a number of times over...”

Wyndham Garden Manhattan Chelsea West
Ranked #273 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York
“Stayed at the Wyndham Garden Chelsea a number of times over...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at the Wyndham Garden Chelsea a number of times over the past few years. Great location and always friendly, efficient service. I would and will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Carlton Y, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Manhattan Chelsea West, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for your continued support at the Wyndham Garden Chelsea West. It is great to hear that our hotel met your needs during your multiple trips to Manhattan. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor to assist our future travelers. I am happy you enjoy our consistant service and friendly service ambassadors. We appreciate your business and look forward to hosting your next stay with us soon.

Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan Chelsea

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Salt Lake City, UT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at Wyndham Garden Chelsea for 4 nights and had a great time. The staff was friendly and the room comfortable. The elevator was a little too slow, which at the end of a long work day became a little bit of a nuisance. The bed was very comfortable, even though the room was tiny. But you should expect that in New York City. The shower was great and the AC worked perfectly.

The hot breakfast was unimpressive and I would not pay for it again.

Room Tip: My room was not facing the street, which to me was a plus. Some of my co-workers were facing the str...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Carlton Y, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Manhattan Chelsea West, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
It is so great to hear that our hotel met your needs while you were in Manhattan. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience on TripAdvisor to assist future guests.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your next stay with us.

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed June 9th - 13th, 2014 at the Wyndham Garden Hotel - Manhattan Chelsea. After reading lots of reviews on this hotel, I decided to take a risk with the slow elevator and request a room in their top floors (14th) to avoid the city noise. I also requested a front facing room for added sunlight.

My report is as follows. Yes, the elevators (2) are a bit slow, but nothing someone with a bit of patiences can't stand.

The hotel staff has been trained to be the most cordial and service oriented of any hotel I have stayed at in the past 50,000 miles I've traveled in the last 12 months and the many hotels I stayed at.

The front desk staff, Eva, Lizette, Jaret and their Sales Coordinator Anastasia were incredibly efficient and made me feel at home.

The room was smaller than the Hilton I had stayed a few weeks earlier. However it was clean and efficiently furnished. I had a desk, wifi and window that faced the street.

The bed and pillows were very, very comfortable. The room came with a full size ironing board and an iron.

Like many of the other reviewers, I must say that the hotel is very well located. I don't like to take Taxi's so I took the Long Island Express from JFK, got off at the Penn Station and walked about 10 minutes to this hotel. Daily I walked to and from the Javits Convention center. It was about a 25 minute trek, and I felt safe while walking.

Again, their staff is super friendly and extremely efficient. I would recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a top floor in the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for an inspirational and informative review. Our team members Eva, Lizette, Jaret, and Anastasia are honored to have made your experience memorable and enjoyable. I hope to welcome you again in being your preferred hotel in Manhattan.

New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

Placed reservation by phone on a friday evening for the following Sunday and Monday. Gave my information to Carlton and he verbally confirmed my reservation to me. I also gave him my email address and was assured a confirmaition email would be sent. Arrived to a very clean room and good hospitality. Received call sunday that my reservation was only for one night. Realized I never received Email confirmation. I called and asked what happened, and then came to understand they sent my confirmation email to a email address that was not mine. They hiked my rate 80$ for the monday night And then called tuesday to see how my stay was, I ignored that call.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Carlton Y, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Manhattan Chelsea West, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
It was a pleasure speaking with you. I am saddened to hear about your reservation experience. As we discussed rates do fluctuate on a nightly basis. You were provided a registration card upon arrival which confirmed both your departure date and rate. We did honor a discounted rate for both of your nights and I apologize for any confusion. I left you a voicemail and would gladly welcome a return call at your convenience.

Thank you for your stay.

Wyndham Garden Hotel Manhattan Chelsea