“This is the one look no further!!!!!!”
Review of Greenwich Hotel

Greenwich Hotel
Ranked #94 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“This is the one look no further!!!!!!”
Reviewed 20 April 2011

Well, I cannot fault this slice of HEVEN!
Five Nights of Tranquil Luxury, and Oh my god the beds - Hugh! Comfortable! Fantastic Linen! I am trying to source this as I have to have some. This is not an inexpensive hotel and it was a special occasion for my wife and I, we were not disappointed. Best service I have ever had in a hotel and all unobtrusive and professional. Rooms are great value in a city that puts a premium on space. The Japanese Spa is sublime. Every morning up early down to the pool swim fifty or so lengths have a steam, shower then back up to the room to have breakfast. There is a full gym if you are so inclined. Great start to each day before enjoying the delights of NYC. I even had a massage by one of the Japanese Masseuses, I felt like I had been origami’d ……Wonderful. My wife tried other spa delights and was impressed and that is saying a lot!!! Fabulous location. Great Italian restaurant/bar. as only NYC seems to do. By now you must think I’m Robert de Niro (Owner) yes that Robert, but I ask you if I was, would I not have better thing to do!!! It’s all in the details Robert, Good work! you can give up the day job - we will be back…..

Room Tip: Book with Amex and you might get an upgrade.
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank CL50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Providence RI
Reviewed 13 April 2011

What a lovely hotel. Everything about this hotel is quietly understated and absolutely wonderful. There are many wonderful hotels in NY but for me this is the one.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Tripp21
London, UK
Reviewed 8 April 2011

This is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in - if not the best!

Service was top-notch right from my late post-midnight arrival. Decor is fantastic. Remarkably quiet. Great bed.

You really get the sense that they want to go the extra mile here. The complimentary minibar and (loads of) snacks is a brilliant detail that means more than you'd think.

The rooms are "rustic" with part wooden floor and part old furniture, but it's all been refurbished as e.g. the beautiful old closet had lights installed.

Bathroom was just a work of art!

And don't even get me started on the restaurant. Best. Pasta. Ever!

Definitely coming back as soon as I can defend the slightly elevated price on my expenses.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank BusinessJumper
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 March 2011

My wife and I wanted to get away for a day and chose to stay at the Greenwich. It's not cheap, but if that's not your governing factor, then I can recommend it unconditionally. The people at the hotel were casual but extremely friendly. All we cared about was the quality of the room and it didn't disappoint. The aesthetic is an interesting blend of tribeca zen rustic chic (if that makes any sense at all) with some buddha statues, wide plank wood floors and funky light fixtures. The bed is super comfortable, the bathroom was cool and the room hit all the right notes. We had a superb dinner at locanda verde which the hotel kindly made a reservation at for us and we blissed out for a night of great sleep. We will return.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jumpset45
California
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Stayed for a weekend and found the location of the hotel was not as convient as those in SoHo. I was shown a nice sized room with a balcony. Unfortuately was awakend by horrible cigeratte smoke coming from under the door. I was moved to a much smaller room the next night. Had brunch in the drawing room. Had horrible service. Had to ask for my coctail 3 times. The bathrooms are so dark, could not put on makeup. They really need lighted mirrors.
I must say the doormen that hailed my cabs were great.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
4 Thank Garrents
Chicago
Reviewed 11 February 2011

As a frequent traveler to NYC, I am always looking for new, comfortable places to stay. The Greenwich fits the bill and more. The hotel is quiet, intimate....and hip.

My budget does not allow me to stay in a larger room but have frequently gotten upgraded. I love the cozy room that face the courtyard with small balconies. Makes me feel as if I am in a little apartment.

The living room area that is open only to guests, as well as the outdoors garden, are perfect spots to meet with others or work. Service is great....and you can order from the attached restaurant Locande Verde.

Lots of great dining options within a few blocks and Soho shopping is not too far.

As a business traveler I find this place to be a great getaway. If you are working in mid-town you will need to give yourself time to travel but it is worth it.

Lastly - the fitness center and spa are top notch for a boutique hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank PhenomDiva
Copenhagen
Reviewed 7 February 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Greenwich Hotel over Thanksgiving. Previously we have stayed at Soho Grand, The Essex House and Hilton and we have had great experiences at all of the hotels. But the Greenwich Hotel is just out of this world! Everything was so great!!! Beautiful hotel, amazing spa, super-nice staff and I could go on. The only bad thing about the hotel is that we didn't want to leave it... I am already planning another trip to New York just to stay at the hotel.

I would sincerely recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple