“An oasis in the big city”
Review of Greenwich Hotel

Greenwich Hotel
Ranked #129 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 21 August 2013

Where to begin? This hotel is a gem. Don't waste your time with any other hotel. The service was impeccable and the room was a dream. Evelyn at the front desk was welcoming and helpful, as was Travis. I never heard "no" from this hotel. The room was beautiful and bright, clean and intricately detailed. There was candy everywhere which is an extra bonus for me. Danielle and Karina in the bar were friendly and personable, and made an expensive, fancy hotel feel like home. Sit in the courtyard in the evening for a romantic, candlelit experience. The room service breakfast was very delicious and the young man who brought our tray was as kind as can be.

The decor of the hotel is calm and tasteful, as well as luxurious. But, walking in you don't get a snobby feel; you are met with smiles.

I cannot say enough about this place. Go there now!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Went to NYC for the weekend. Never heard of the hotel so I didn't know what to expect. It is a beautiful place that you feel like you out of NYC. It isn't a typical hotel. The rooms are spacious. They include a free mini bar that is filled with all upgraded snacks that you would never get in a typical one. Candy dish filled with snickers, reese ect! It was our Anniversary and there was a beautiful bottle of champagne waiting. The bathroom was really pretty as well as the room. Sheets were top of the line as well as the toiletries. The Spa was a zen like feeling in which you were offered tea or saki. There was a really nice pool. We had a couples massage which was great.The store in the spa had everything you need if you forgot anything with skin products you would want to buy.In the bar downstairs it was i would say old word charm with a eclectic vibe. There were celebrities having drinks and enjoying friends. The restaurant next door which is connected to the hotel is very hard to get a reservation on a weekly basis. I guess that is another perk in staying at the hotel. It is delicious! The staff couldn't be nicer! It is truly a five star hotel.

Room Tip: We usually change rooms in most hotels.First room was perfect!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I got married at Locanda Verde on August 5th and stayed one night. Service was friendly and accommodating with a very cool, low-key vibe. A bottle of champagne and a welcome note was waiting in our room, which was beautiful and flawless. Even the crib for our daughter was spot-on (major bonus for providing baby products and a diaper genie). In addition to the huge tub, we had our own little sauna. Yes...a sauna in our room. Far out! The furnishings and decor are gorgeous without being too feminine or ultra modern. It feels like Paris or Rome.
Private drinks/dining in the lounge and courtyard for guests only? Yes, please. And don't even get me started on the pool. It's just SEXY. And they offer you tea or sake when you walk in. Duh...sake.
My husband and I loved every minute of our 24-hour stay, and felt refreshed like we had spent a week at the spa. I should mention that Mary-Catherine, who coordinates the private events at Locanda, is wonderful. Our wedding was stress-free and super delicious.
The point is, you have a cold, black heart if you don't adore this place. Kidding. But really...you should adore it.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Enjoyed my stay. Only a very short stay on business, but loved the location, restaurant and vibe of the area. The reception staff was friendly and helpful. I did not get a chance to use the pool, but hear great things about it. Will return for a longer stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I only stayed here for one night during a recent trip to New York and wished I had stayed here longer. The photographs on the website of the rooms don't really do them justice, they are a good size, the bed was comfy, the air conditioning was just right (which was a welcome) and the marble bathroom was amazing. There was a big bowl of sweets and snacks that were complimentary and all the soft drinks in the mini bar were also free.
The breakfast was lovely as was the meal I had in Locanda Verde. The spa was well equipped and the pool was really nice, the spa area was very quiet and relaxing.
The staff couldn't do enough for you, I will definitely return on my next trip.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This was a graduation present from my parents to me. It was such an incredible vacation that I am so grateful for, even three months later. The staff at the hotel made our experience. I wanted to explore the city and enjoy every day we were there. They gave us maps and different activity options that we otherwise wouldn't have considered. They took the time to help us out and explain what the best options were for our time frame. Of course, we wanted to do the "touristy" things, but we also wanted to spend time together as a family. Greenwich Village was a great suggestion made by the front desk/concierge. My mom and I spent two days exploring Greenwich Village, finding the suggested locations by the hotel staff, which were absolutely awesome stores and restaurants! We packed a lot into our barely week long trip and it was so memorable. I can honestly say a lot of this was due to the staff at the hotel, they made it special for us. The free candy in the rooms? AWESOME!!!! This is a neat, boutique hotel with so much character. The restaurant downstairs? DELICIOUS! I can't repeat myself enough, the staff is incredible. You can't go wrong with this hotel. If you have the budget, indlu

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2013

The Greenwich is our new number one! The best hotel we have ever stayed at, and by a decent margin. Our family of six had a ten night stay and cannot find any fault or failing for this amazing hotel...nothing but praise.

The hotel is in trendy Tribecca...only a block from the Hudson River, loads of great restaurants nearby, easy walk to the downtown area and close to the subway. It is the definition of five stars...from the minute we walked in we were welcomed warmly and had the feeling of genuine interest from the staff and a desire to help make our stay the best it could be.

We had two connecting rooms...a corner suite which joined up with another room. It worked perfectly for us. The rooms are beautifully appointed, with real personal touches of quality and style. Beds were great, WiFi strong, and a free mini bar (excluding alcohol). Furniture and fixtures wre all of a high quality. The showers are the best we have ever used, and we took pictures in order to one day emulate them in our home!

The basement pool was a lovely sanctuary, and the gym had high quality equipment and was immaculate at all times, as were the change rooms. The hotel restaurant was quality...great food, prepared by the kitchen of the attached, highly rated Locanda Verde.

Special mention of the Concierge desk...everyone was great. Nothing was too much, they had great tips about everything, and helped us every day. Best ever.

We will be back...as much as possible!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family